Human Resources Generalist
The Human Resources Generalist will manage the Human Resource functions to ensure Aaron’s is attracting, motivating and retaining a high-performing, diverse, and successful workforce. The position is responsible for managing the store team member concerns, including handling employee relations issues, supporting recognition and rewards programs and assisting with Talent Management process to create and maintain a positive and stable working environment.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Expected to spend majority of work week in the stores impacting team members
- Communicating and coordinating the handling of team member issues and concerns to maintain a positive work environment. Advising and counseling leaders on concerns and solutions. Must have the ability to make fair and unbiased decisions based on the facts.
- Provide communication and interpretation on policy and procedures
- Ensure the understanding of retention within the stores and regions; develop processes and activities that drive higher retention of store level team members
- Support Performance Management program including performance and merit administration. Train and guide team members on career development program. Work with leadership team to identify and develop talent.
- Assist with leave of absence, FMLA, ADA process to ensure timely execution for team members
- Drive activities that impact morale and engagement of the store team members
- Assists Field Operations teams in implementing HR related projects, programs, and other related activities.
Education and Experience:
- 5 years prior HR generalist experience in retail or similar industry
- Experience in Employee Relations investigations and solutions
- Bachelor’s Degree or Associates Degree with 2 additional years of relevant experience.
- SHRM- CP and/or PHR certification a plus
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite and resume databases
- Familiarity for HRIS systems, preferably Ceridian and Dayforce and Kronos
- Ability to work flexible hours based on business needs
- Strong communications and interpersonal skills
- Attention to detail and excellent organization skills
- Knowledge of applicable laws
- Executes for results
- Internet savvy with strong research skills
- Extremely flexible with the ability to easily shift priorities with a can-do attitude in a fast-paced, ever changing environment
- Travel to stores within division 75% of time
Team members enjoy access to career training and advancement opportunities, and are rewarded with competitive compensation and a comprehensive benefits package, which includes:
- Paid time off including vacation days, sick days and holidays
- Medical, dental & vision insurance
- Maternity and Paternity Leave
- 401(k) plan with company match
- Flexible spending accounts
- Life insurance
- Disability benefits
- Stock Purchase Plan
- Team Member purchase discounts
At Aaron’s we offer sales and lease-to-ownership of specialty items including furniture, consumer electronics, home appliances, and accessories throughout the United States and Canada. Our customers shop at Aaron’s for the same reason you should choose us for the next step in your career – our ability to positively influence people’s lives. If you are looking for a company with the passion and dedication to make a difference in the lives of customers and team members alike, join us today.
Aaron's is committed to creating a diverse and inclusive work environment, celebrates our team members' differences, and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, pregnancy, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, military duty, gender expression, genetic information, or any other protected class. Candidates who require accommodation during the recruitment process should contact email@example.com.
Aaron's is an Equal Opportunity Employer