Data Analyst, Innovation Analytics
Aaron’s has a long legacy as an industry leader with continued growth. In business since 1955, we have grown to approximately 2,000 stores across North America and Canada built on a foundation of excellence, customer focus, quality products and services. Personally, and professionally, we hold ourselves to high standards and an unwavering commitment to do what’s right; treating every individual with respect, compassion and integrity. We are highly invested in the communities we serve through our community outreach programs, donating time, products and services locally and nationally.
As a potential Aaron’s Associate, you’ll share our purpose and passion for making a real difference in the lives of others and the rewards that come from creating strong personal connections for life. You’ll be a contributing team member in an environment that embraces challenge and has a strong drive to achieve. We like to set the bar high, roll up our sleeves and work together to out-perform the competition. You’ll have an opportunity to work in an environment which prides itself on recognizing and rewarding top performers.
Interested in becoming a Data Analyst, Innovation Analytics at Aaron’s? The Data Analyst, Innovation Analytics, will provide both day-to-day insights and big picture analysis to inform the ongoing transformation of the Aaron’s Business. The role requires the ability to leverage financial and business knowledge to help formulate recommendations related to the company's business transformation initiatives. This person must have strong analytical skills to synthesize findings into actionable insights through data mining, statistical and quantitative modeling, and data visualization.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Recommends and supports strategic business changes through rigorous analytics, deep understanding of the business, and creative problem solving.
- Uses data visualization techniques to effectively communicate analytical results and support financial and operational decisions.
- Conduct in-depth analyses of performance across a variety of programs and present recommendations to team members, product owners, and management.
- Supports the identification of actionable insights and contribute to the development of business recommendations through effective presentations and communication of results.
- Perform ad-hoc analysis and recommend process improvements to management resulting in increased revenue and/or reduction of expense.
- Builds, maintains, and improves reporting that informs key business strategies.
- Collects, cleans, and validates data as needed to support these responsibilities.
Required Education, Experience, and Certifications:
- BS/BA degree in a quantitative discipline (statistics, analytics, corporate finance, computer science, economics, etc.) or equivalent professional experience
- Preferred: Advanced degree in business, applied mathematics, statistics, economics, or other quantitative and analytical fields
- 3-6 years of experience in related field
Required Skills and Competencies:
- Proficient SQL programming skills to extract, transform, and prepare data for analysis
- Data visualization skills and experience in applications such as Power BI or Tableau
- Demonstrates proficiency in several areas of analysis, data visualization and statistical modeling
- Experience in a wide range of qualitative and quantitative analytical methods and their appropriate application to business issues
- Understanding of how to blend data from multiple sources to help answer key business questions
- Resourceful: Effectively resolves problems and roadblocks as they occur
- Collaboration: Nurtures and builds effective partnerships with internal clients to achieve results; team player, comfortable working on multiple teams/projects simultaneously and independently.
At Aaron’s, you will have access to a comprehensive benefits package that includes:
Paid time off including vacation days, sick days and holidays
Ongoing training and development
Medical, dental & vision insurance
Employee Purchase Discounts
Aaron's is an Equal Opportunity Employer