Director Digital Product Mgt
In short, a product manager at Aaron’s is responsible for creating the through-line which connects the product development team’s daily work to the company’s larger vision and strategy.In the role of Director of Product Management, In-House Leasing, you will provide strategic product leadership for the digital products used to enable the newly formed In-House Leasing business segment. This position reports to the CTO.
The Aaron’s digital product management organization applies a lean-thinking mindset to the discipline of product management and is looking for a candidate with relevant experience applying these principles (or a strong aptitude and desire to learn).
- Principally lead the product strategy for the newly formed In-House Leasing business segment
- Synthesize all forms of product input (high level enterprise strategies, stakeholder input, the voice of the customer, qualitative & quantitative data, industry trends & best practices) into a strategic product roadmap that is feasible to deliver, and balances long term strategic vision with steady, iterative, and incremental product improvement
- Be In-House Leasing subject matter expert within the digital product team, establishing and maintaining a clear connection between the larger organizational goals and the daily work of the individual product teams
- Regularly update the senior executive team on the state of the In-House Leasing digital products
- Engage directly with cross-functional product delivery teams and functional stakeholders to ensure strong organizational alignment to the vision, strategy, and roadmap of the payments and my account domains
- Recruit, manage, train, and evaluate the performance of product management team members
- Manage the activities of the payments and my account product teams using lean-thinking product development principles and techniques including: just-in-time production, minimum viable product, validated learning, hypothesis driven product development, small batch deployments, and an extreme focus on incremental, continuous improvement
- Establish a clear set of metrics or criteria that define how the In-House Leasing digital products are progressing towards their goals
Education and Experience
- Bachelor's degree in related field or equivalent professional experience
- 5+ years in a digital product management or equivalent role, including management of a portfolio of products
- 3+ years financial services or retail industry expertise
- Previous experience managing product managers strongly preferred
- Strong servant leadership skills with an ability to engage and motivate a diverse group of high-performance individuals
- Strong organizational leadership skills including strategic planning, business analysis, and goal setting
- Intimate familiarity with Agile/Lean digital product development principles and mindset (we mean it… only people who are passionate about this stuff should apply)
- Proven experience prioritizing and directing multiple product development initiatives simultaneously in a fast-paced and challenging environment
- Exceptional win/win negotiator within all levels of the organization, with strong relationship management and communication skills
- Extreme competence at managing and resolving conflict through influence rather than a reliance on role power.
- Strong analytical mindset.Leverages data to make product decisions
- Courageous change leader.Willing to think big and look for opportunities to challenge the status quo.
- Defaults to go.Comfortable pushing forward with less than perfect information
- Strong problem solver with a willingness to roll up one’s sleeves to get the job done
- Growth-minded with a passion for learning and continuous improvement
- Medical, Dental, Vision
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Pay on Demand Options
- Basic Life and AD&D
- Employee Retirement Plan (401k)
- Employee Assistance Program
- Parental Leave Benefits
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- Health Savings Accounts
- Short-Term Disability
- Long-Term Disability
- Employee Stock Purchase Plan
- Paid Time Off
- Financial Wellness
- Physical Wellness
- Matching Gifts
- Community Outreach
- Employee Business Resource Groups
At Aaron’s we offer sales and lease-to-ownership of specialty items including furniture, consumer electronics, home appliances, and accessories throughout the United States and Canada. Our customers shop at Aaron’s for the same reason you should choose us for the next step in your career – our ability to positively influence people’s lives. If you are looking for a company with the passion and dedication to make a difference in the lives of customers and team members alike, join us today.
Aaron’s is committed to creating a diverse and inclusive work environment, celebrates our team members’ differences, and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, pregnancy, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, military duty, gender expression, genetic information, or any other protected class. Candidates who require accommodation during the recruitment process should contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Aaron’s is an Equal Opportunity Employer #LI-Remote