Director, Store Planning and Design
Aaron’s has a long legacy as an industry leader with continued growth. In business since 1955, we have grown to approximately 2,000 stores across North America and Canada built on a foundation of excellence, customer focus, quality products and services. Personally, and professionally, we hold ourselves to high standards and an unwavering commitment to do what’s right; treating every individual with respect, compassion and integrity. We are highly invested in the communities we serve through our community outreach programs, donating time, products and services locally and nationally.
As a potential Aaron’s Associate, you’ll share our purpose and passion for making a real difference in the lives of others and the rewards that come from creating strong personal connections for life. You’ll be a contributing team member in an environment that embraces challenge and has a strong drive to achieve. We like to set the bar high, roll up our sleeves and work together to out-perform the competition. You’ll have an opportunity to work in an environment which prides itself on recognizing and rewarding top performers.
Interested in becoming a Director, Store Planning & Design at Aaron’s? This role is responsible for the architectural design development and evolution of the brand Global Design Standards for Aaron’s Corporate and Franchise locations. This person is responsible for the management of Aaron’s national branding program (signage) for Corporate and Franchise locations. This position manages the national vendor network supplying store fixtures, flooring, and interior graphics for Corporate and Franchise locations. This position will ensure all store designs meet all business requirements. This includes, but not limited to coordinating materials and specification, means and methods with external and internal business partners.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Approve and review signage projects and implementation of new design criteria to the branding program with the Sign Project Manager; ensuring all projects are addressed and responded to in a timely manner and that all necessary communications with business partners are handled in a proactive and professional manner
- Review and approval of design drawings produced by Store Planners for issuance to architects; lead and direct value-engineering alternatives are required and across the brands where applicable
- Review and manage reporting documentation provide by Store Planning staff; review and approval of invoices for signage. Approval of Sign Lease documents prior to execution of Lease
- Prepare preliminary costs estimates and constriction schedules and ensures that Aaron’s is receiving quality, service and fair pricing.
- Development of Aaron’s store design specification for all design drawing documents, owner supplied items, e.g. fixtures and flooring product
- Development of company Identification Signage specifications fabricated by national sign vendors; Review and approval of Identification Signage drawings and proposals
- Negotiation, procurement and management of exterior signage, store fixtures and flooring product
Required Education, Experience, and Certifications:
- 8 years of experience in store design and concept, retail store construction
- Bachelor’s Degree in Retail Construction and Design
Solid organization skills including attention to detail, multi-tasking, deadline driven
- Solution and result oriented, proactive in approach
- Ability to read and analyze a Store Design Layout
- Self-motivated, team player, strong at collaborative working relationships and influential and cross-functional coordination.
- Ability to work under tight deadlines
- Superior customer service oriented abilities to meet the needs of various in-house and external business partners.
Required Skills and Competencies:
- Drafting and design skills
- Knowledge of AutoCAD
At Aaron’s, you will have access to a comprehensive benefits package that includes:
Paid time off including vacation days, sick days and holidays
Ongoing training and development
Medical, dental & vision insurance
Employee Purchase Discounts
Aaron's is an Equal Opportunity Employer