Director Technology Support Services
Director, Technology Support Services
The Director, Technology Support Services will lead all Aaron’s Technology operations and support teams which include National Support Center, IT Logical Access, Product Support, End User Technology & Tech Command Center.This role will guide the technology operations & support strategy and innovation across the Aaron’s technology portfolio.This role requires close collaboration and partnership with peers in Product Development, Technology Infrastructure, Enterprise Solutions as well as business stakeholders.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Oversee Technology Support Services; provide leadership, vision and direction regarding the support of IT systems and services to ensure alignment and contribution to overall business goals, objectives, and timelines
- Direct and lead a team of Managers and technology resources as they perform their responsibilities, which include network and infrastructure operations, incident, major incident, problem, service requests, and knowledge base modules within the IT Service Desk and Desktop Support teams
- Provide support by resolving day-to-day technical roadblocks faced by the team, managing dependencies with partner teams to drive adoption of technology solutions
- Manage and scale the Technology Support processes; provide clear direction, guidance and specific goals to the team and communicate performance feedback
- Consult senior-level stakeholders across the organization to identify business and technology needs and to optimize the use of technology
- Responsible for the uptime of network and systems technologies across Aaron’s store portfolio
- Management of Aaron’s national fleet of end user computing devices ensuring devices meet established standards in terms of security, compliance, and usability
- Ongoing review of the organization’s current processes to streamline and standardize across domains
- Review and ensure scalability of some large recurring cross-department initiatives (product launch, all-hands, roadmap sharing)
- Coach, develop, and supervise IT team members.
- Develop a culture of continuous improvement and continuous learning
- Develop and conduct meetings with a structured and established cadence to guide and mentor IT Support Analysts utilizing data and KPIs, observation of performance and areas of strength and opportunity through day-to-day operations.Evaluate and provide constructive feedback to foster growth of the team as well as ensure the company standards are being met and delivered upon
- Oversight of the full employee life cycle (hiring to separation)
- Ensure timely responses and resolution through monitoring and tracking tickets and related KPIs
- Create opportunities to implement self-service support and drive efficiencies through technology
- Primary point of contact for key audit processes, incl. user access verifications, role reviews and E&Y audit process walkthroughs
Education and Experience:
- At least 8-10 years’ experience providing and managing information technologies and services in a corporate environment
- Bachelor’s Degree in business or technology discipline or an equivalent combination of education and experience
- Hands on experience in a fast paced, technical environment
- Experience in recruiting, deploying, developing, and leading technical staff
Required Skills and Competencies:
- Skill in project and resource management
- Skill in managing team members and external partners in a team environment
- Skilled in planning, managing, and delivering technical solutions
- Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to work collaboratively and will be an effective communicator with excellent written and verbal communication and presentation skills.
- Embrace a person-centered leadership style where you focus on the person and their strengths and support them to achieve their goals, objectives, and outcomes
- Reporting.Our team is driven by data – and you’ll need to have experience leveraging data to understand how your team is performing, where there are opportunities to improve, deriving insights, etc.
- Excellent organizational skills and the ability to manage numerous competing priorities
- Strong attention to detail and an ability to thrive in a dynamic business environment
- Excellent decision-making and leadership skills with a demonstrated track record of progression and success
- Ability to work independently with minimal input from management
- Ability to work outside of business hours as necessary
- Knowledge of emerging technologies in Infrastructure IT systems
- Knowledge of the management of cloud-based network platforms
- Knowledge of client server and web-based systems
Preferred Skills and Competencies:
- Knowledge of cloud-based technologies such as Azure AD, Office 365, etc.
- Practical experience with Windows OS, DNS, networking protocols
- Willingness to create new tools and processes and comfortable with ambiguity. Enthusiasm for the unknown.
- Strong management skills with a proven ability to successfully lead teams in both solid-line and dotted-line reporting structures.
- Practical experience in a swarm support model
- Medical, Dental, Vision
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Pay on Demand Options
- Basic Life and AD&D
- Employee Retirement Plan (401k)
- Employee Assistance Program
- Parental Leave Benefits
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- Health Savings Accounts
- Short-Term Disability
- Long-Term Disability
- Employee Stock Purchase Plan
- Paid Time Off
- Financial Wellness
- Physical Wellness
- Matching Gifts
- Community Outreach
- Employee Business Resource Groups
At Aaron’s we offer sales and lease-to-ownership of specialty items including furniture, consumer electronics, home appliances, and accessories throughout the United States and Canada. Our customers shop at Aaron’s for the same reason you should choose us for the next step in your career – our ability to positively influence people’s lives. If you are looking for a company with the passion and dedication to make a difference in the lives of customers and team members alike, join us today.
Aaron’s is committed to creating a diverse and inclusive work environment, celebrates our team members’ differences, and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, pregnancy, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, military duty, gender expression, genetic information, or any other protected class. Candidates who require accommodation during the recruitment process should contact email@example.com.
Aaron’s is an Equal Opportunity Employer #LI-Onsite