Manager – Direct Response Marketing
Aaron’s has a long legacy as an industry leader with continued growth. In business since 1955, we have grown to over 2,000 stores across North America built on a foundation of excellence, customer focus, quality products and services. Personally, and professionally, we hold ourselves to high standards and an unwavering commitment to do what’s right; treating every individual with respect, compassion and integrity. We are highly invested in the communities we serve through our community outreach programs, donating time, products and services locally and nationally.
As a potential Aaron’s Associate, you’ll share our purpose and passion for making a real difference in the lives of others and the rewards that come from creating strong personal connections for life. You’ll be a contributing team member in an environment that embraces challenge and has a strong drive to achieve. We like to set the bar high, roll up our sleeves and work together to out-perform the competition. You’ll have an opportunity to work in an environment which prides itself on recognizing and rewarding top performers.
The ideal candidate for this role is someone who can think quickly, is comfortable working across areas of influence (as opposed to direct control) to bring marketing projects within Aaron’s to life. They will be responsible for implementation and execution of marketing campaigns across a variety of media, with a focus on merchandising and store operations. Projects will range from working with merchandising to understand products for a direct mail campaigns to working with store operations to understand needs for local marketing efforts. Working across the organization to ensure collateral meets legal approval, needs of merchandising and store operations, etc. will be critical to ensuring success.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Responsible for managing contact and acquisition initiatives, including audience selection, testing and targeting methodology, creative approach, execution and measurement, for integrated offline and online campaigns for direct mail, email and SMS.
- Assist in development of contact management plan for direct mail, email and SMS
- Develop effective online and offline communications cadence plan (triggers).
- Manage detailed integrated schedule for the online and offline vehicles across all stages of production, from concept to in-home.
- Partner with merchants and store operations to develop custom divisional, regional and/or store level campaigns.
- Manage customer database in collaboration with IT & agency partners.
- Manage database marketing budgets, jobs and purchase orders.
- Accurately tracks the monthly, quarterly and annual budget forecasts compared to plan.
- Responsible for coordinating with Brand, Merchandising and Legal on approvals of creative.
- Support ah-hoc email requests
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor's Degree in Business, Marketing or related field.
Minimum 5-7 years of marketing or advertising experience, preferably in retail or with creative agencies who support campaign development
- Proven track record of achieving sustainable results
- Superior knowledge and passion for Direct Response marketing.
- Salesforce Marketing Cloud experience a plus.
- Proven track record in implementing effective segmentation strategies and customer communications management.
- Analytical skills, cross-channel attribution and in-depth database segmentation experience.
- Ability to interpret data to drive optimization/improvements of direct marketing programs.
- Experienced in managing agencies and partners.
Strong presentation skills to communicate key insights from deep data analysis.
- Strong project management skills.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Exceptional organizational and detail skills and ability to prioritize in a fast-paced, rapidly changing environment.
At Aaron’s, you will have access to a comprehensive benefits package that includes:
Paid time off including vacation days, sick days and holiday
Ongoing training and development
Medical, dental & vision insurance
Employee Purchase Discounts
Aaron’s is an Equal Opportunity Employer