Retail Commercial Lease Administration
This role is responsible for the lease administration of Aaron’s corporate real estate portfolio including but not limited to common area maintenance, real estate tax and property insurance reconciliations, and reimbursements.Collecting, reviewing and inputting lease data into Aaron’s corporate real estate lease administration and project management tool (Lucernex), and assisting landlords, property managers and subtenants with issues they need to resolve.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Process real estate agreements (Leases, Amendments, Estoppels, Assignments, etc.) pertaining to Aaron’s corporate properties including interpreting, summarizing and abstracting lease points into the database and setting up real estate accounting expenses for automatic payments.
- Responsible for (sub)tenant lease abstraction, billbacks, monthly statements and collection activities.
- Review direct bill and periodic reconciliation statements related to common area maintenance, real estate taxes, and property insurance within a territory.
- Process and reviews escrow adjustment notices from landlord. Including auditing the adjustments, corresponding with landlord or property manager on under/over payments, update the database and setting up real estate accounting expenses for automatic payments.
- Managing and curing Tenant default notices, including working with other departments to remedy the default (i.e. Facilities).
- Process requests for Certificates of Insurance and work with Risk Management to ensure compliance within Lease terms.
- Process Landlord changes related to transfer of ownership and address updates, including ACH requests.
- Process gross sales requests from Landlords.
- Responsible for managing security deposits and move-outs for Aaron’s corporate and subtenant locations.
- Responsible for escalating and reconciling bill backs to Landlords for maintenance repair items.
- Responsible for requesting, collecting and reconciling Tenant Improvement allowances.
Education and Experience:
- Candidates must have a minimum of 3 year’s experience in the commercial real estate industry, accounting or property management fields.Residential experience is not an equivalent to required minimum commercial experience.
- Bachelor’s degree in business, accounting, real estate, finance, or similar field preferred.
- Real Estate license is not required.
- Excellent lease interpretation, analytical, research, communication, organizational and time-management skills.
- Proactive team player who can work well in a fast-paced, time-sensitive environment.
- Sound business judgment and ability to deal with ambiguity.
- Accurate and proficient data entry abilities.
- Proficiency in computer information systems and an intuitive understanding of Microsoft Excel.
- Proficiency in real estate database applications such as Lucernex.
Team members enjoy access to career training and advancement opportunities, and are rewarded with competitive compensation and a comprehensive benefits package, which includes:
- Paid time off including vacation days, sick days and holidays
- Medical, dental & vision insurance
- Maternity and Paternity Leave
- 401(k) plan with company match
- Flexible spending accounts
- Life insurance
- Disability benefits
- Stock Purchase Plan
- Team Member purchase discounts
At Aaron’s we offer sales and lease-to-ownership of specialty items including furniture, consumer electronics, home appliances, and accessories throughout the United States and Canada. Our customers shop at Aaron’s for the same reason you should choose us for the next step in your career – our ability to positively influence people’s lives. If you are looking for a company with the passion and dedication to make a difference in the lives of customers and team members alike, join us today.
Aaron's is committed to creating a diverse and inclusive work environment, celebrates our team members' differences, and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, pregnancy, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, military duty, gender expression, genetic information, or any other protected class. Candidates who require accommodation during the recruitment process should contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Aaron's is an Equal Opportunity Employer