Senior Manager - Real EstateJob ID S0000GO Date posted 05/21/2019
400 Galleria Pkwy SE
Aaron’s has a long legacy as an industry leader with continued growth. In business since 1955, we have grown to approximately 2,000 stores across North America and Canada built on a foundation of excellence, customer focus, quality products and services. Personally, and professionally, we hold ourselves to high standards and an unwavering commitment to do what’s right; treating every individual with respect, compassion and integrity. We are highly invested in the communities we serve through our community outreach programs, donating time, products and services locally and nationally.
As a potential Aaron’s Associate, you’ll share our purpose and passion for making a real difference in the lives of others and the rewards that come from creating strong personal connections for life. You’ll be a contributing team member in an environment that embraces challenge and has a strong drive to achieve. We like to set the bar high, roll up our sleeves and work together to out-perform the competition. You’ll have an opportunity to work in an environment which prides itself on recognizing and rewarding top performers.
Interested in becoming a Senior Manager, Real Estate at Aaron’s? Reporting to the Director of Real Estate, acts as a key leader of Aaron’s store transformation. Ideates and drives real estate strategy by working with internal and external analysts to identify target locations that meet Aaron’s selection criteria and growth objectives in markets. Responsible for developing and executing strategic real estate initiatives to support company growth including collaborating with senior management in executing business strategies, planning and directing short and long-range growth initiatives, establishing performance goals, allocating resources.
Aligns Aaron’s store portfolio with the company's strategic direction and transformation of the in-store experience. This is accomplished by securing locations, negotiating or re-negotiating leases, structuring of new leases, and overseeing the construction process from conceptualization to completion to ensure successful execution of new openings, remodels and relocations.
Come see why the difference is personal at Aaron’s, connect with us today!
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Works closely with the Director of Real Estate and Director of Retail Strategy to implement Aaron’s real estate transformation strategy and bring the brand vision to life through our store portfolio
- Acts as a liaison between Aaron’s and it’s outside national brokerage team, internal and external legal counsel, and landlords to ensure the smooth and adequate flow of information for lease negotiation, and the construction process to maintain schedules and meet deadlines
- Develops, manages and maintains a broad range of industry relationships on behalf of the Company with potential landlords and sellers, consultants, and governmental agencies
- Ensures the Real Estate department supports the needs of store operations through established processes and rituals to capture feedback on existing stores and get buy-in from Operations on proposed new sites
- Manages the existing Aaron’s portfolio, including on-going communications with existing landlords to discuss lease expiration dates and future plans, as well as working with operations management on portfolio optimization plans. Leads all Real Estate transactions including lease options, extensions and renewals, site selection and repositions, early closings, lease assignments, subleases, resizing of existing spaces, remodel agreements and other lease amendments
- Responsible for overseeing the negotiation of leases, contracts, and operating agreements and identify new build opportunities as well as respond to landlord submittals. Takes steps necessary to close deals and maximize cash flow
- Oversees the preparation of analysis for specific opportunities. Guides and oversees preparation of project proposals, letters, of intent, proformas, and budgets, feasibility analyses, including determination of time and funding requirements
- Contributes to the development and implementation of departmental procedures and controls to more effectively monitor projects and prospective deal pipelines, and improve the processes, activities, and outcomes of the Company's development activities
- Responsible for gathering and analyzing all relevant information (including market demographics and competitive factors) from internal departments and 3rd party sources for prospective lease opportunities to determine suitability of a location to meet long-term profitability and market representation objectives.
- Analyzes, evaluates, and investigates multi market store site locations including traveling to markets (availability, property value, access, zoning, development obstacles timing, etc.) to ensure the company has a robust pipeline of suitable real estate sites. Refines Real Estate site selection criteria and tools used to perform it, priorities, and strategy in conjunction with Operations' goals and objectives
- Negotiates with brokers, developers, attorneys, property owners, and landlords for the best overall deal, based on the company's goals and standards
Required Education, Experience, and Certifications:
- Bachelor's degree, preferably with a concentration in real estate, finance, or business-related degree
- 10 years relevant work experience in retail real estate acquisition and project management for a corporate real estate department with a retailer or multi-unit organization with a large national footprint.
Required Skills and Competencies:
- Thorough understanding of real estate leasing, construction and development projects in a retail environment including rent factors, tenant allowances and lease terms.
- Strong interpersonal skills and experience leading cross-functional teams.
- Strong project management and organizational skills, combined with proficiency at multi-tasking -- often managing multiple projects and personnel simultaneously.
- Thorough understanding of and ability to analyze key drivers of success for real estate projects, including data, demographic and competitive factors.
- Personal networks and/or the knowledge of broker resources that expedite the identification of best in class real estate locations
- Familiarity with site modeling techniques and sophisticated site analysis and location tools including Tango Analytics.
At Aaron’s, you will have access to a comprehensive benefits package that includes:
Paid time off including vacation days, sick days and holidays
Ongoing training and development
Medical, dental & vision insurance
Employee Purchase Discounts
Aaron's is an Equal Opportunity Employer