Aaron’s has a long legacy as an industry leader with continued growth. In business since 1955, we have grown to approximately 2,000 stores across North America and Canada built on a foundation of excellence, customer focus, quality products and services. Personally, and professionally, we hold ourselves to high standards and an unwavering commitment to do what’s right; treating every individual with respect, compassion and integrity. We are highly invested in the communities we serve through our community outreach programs, donating time, products and services locally and nationally.
As a potential Aaron’s Associate, you’ll share our purpose and passion for making a real difference in the lives of others and the rewards that come from creating strong personal connections for life. You’ll be a contributing team member in an environment that embraces challenge and has a strong drive to achieve. We like to set the bar high, roll up our sleeves and work together to out-perform the competition. You’ll have an opportunity to work in an environment which prides itself on recognizing and rewarding top performers.
Interested in becoming a Sr. Buyer at Aaron’s? The Sr. Buyer is responsible for planning and execution of the sales budgets and assortment plans for the assigned categories. In this critical role, the Sr. Buyer will have responsibility for category management, assortment planning, supplier management, sourcing, inventory management, pricing, promotional planning, and product lifecycle management for their scope of products. The ideal candidate for this role will possess a high level of retail experience in category management, assortment planning, and purchasing, strong analytical and process management skills, the ability to successfully manage simultaneous projects, and outstanding interpersonal and team development skills. The Sr. Buyer will be required to track and understand product trends and proactively manage the product assortment to meets the needs of the consumer. This role will require interfacing and working cross-functionally, making this position a great opportunity to learn many aspects of the business.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Develop and execute the category strategy, including assortment plan and merchandising tactics to achieve the sales and margin goals.
- Drive innovation and newness in the product assortment.
- Understand industry product trends and opportunities.
- Manage supplier relationships and lower product costs through fact-based negotiations.
- Drive the category strategy including sourcing, assortment product mix, inventory management, promotions and pricing that is grounded in fact-based decision making.
- Performing in depth category reviews on a regular basis to review assortment performance and develop action plans to drive sustainable sales and margin growth.
- Maximizing productivity of category including assortment rationalization, lifecycle management, inventory position and performance for store set.
- Conduct competitive shops to understand assortment mix, in-store merchandising, pricing and promotional offers for the RTO and general retail channels.
- Collaborate cross-functionally to drive the business, and actively seek the ideas of others and value differing perspectives.
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor's degree in business or related quantitative file required; MBA a plus
- 5+ years of retail merchant experience at the senior level; managing product categories in an Omni channel environment is a plus.
- Firm understanding of category management and assortment planning practices include SKU rationalization strategies, markdown practices and sales reporting practices.
- Proven experience gathering and understanding product trends.
- High level of creativity to support product innovation and newness.
- Strong project management and communication skills.
- Proven vendor negotiation skills.
- Great attention to detail while understanding big-picture objectives and strategy.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment; prioritize multiple projects simultaneously; adapt to changes in project scope.
- Ability to build and foster cross-departmental partnerships to achieve common objectives.
- Self-directed and highly driven with strong business sense and professional presence.
- Advanced experience with Microsoft Office, including Excel, and related reporting tools.
At Aaron’s, you will have access to a comprehensive benefits package that includes:
Paid time off including vacation days, sick days and holidays
Ongoing training and development
Medical, dental & vision insurance
Stock Purchase Plan
Employee Purchase Discounts
Aaron's is an Equal Opportunity Employer