Sr. Dir Real Estate Strategy
Contributes to the company’s success by strategically developing our competitive advantage through effective leadership of the Real Estate Market Strategy team in analyzing markets, trade areas, and sites. Manages the review of the portfolio of properties and recommends portfolio decisions for the company.The executive leverages a thorough understanding of demographics, competition, modeling, and spatial analytics to make strategically sound decisions.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Spatial analysis and statistical modeling
- Create multiple sales forecasting models to understand the potential associated with new stores, relocations, expansions, and remodels (multivariate regression, analog, etc.)
- Lead all ad hoc spatial analytics requests for the company
- Analyze the customer through segmentation analysis to ensure the company is aligned with our target customer base and how we best serve them from a real estate perspective
Market Plans and portfolio management
- Collaborate with operations and real estate to determine the appropriate number and placement of stores in all markets
- Provide suggestions on relocations, expansions, new stores, remodels, and store closures, as well as potential cannibalization
Real Estate Committee
- Manage and continuously improve the entire committee process from hosting the meeting, creating packages, and tracking outcome
- Produce and manage pipeline, customer and demographic, and performance reporting
- Create and analyze store performance by density, region, shopping center type, etc. to provide direction to the real estate team
- Provide direction to the Marketing group on where and who to market through demographic and trade area analysis.
Date and programs
- Manage real estate lifecycle program (Lucernex), GIS Program (Trade Area Systems), Alteryx, and multiple data, vendors
- Continue to work towards one version of the truth with all real estate data
- Build out the real estate process within Lucernex to better track and manage the pipeline of stores through site selection, store planning, construction, and lease management.
Education and Experience:
- 12+ years of experience in real estate analytics with a retailer; including 5 years of leading a strategy team
- Bachelor’s Degree required in Geography, business, statistics, Master’s Degree in Geography preferred
- Effective communication skills with a proven ability to communicate across the organization and influence key leaders to drive development strategy
- Strong presentation skills
- Ability to translate complex data into actionable insight
Team members enjoy access to career training and advancement opportunities, and are rewarded with competitive compensation and a comprehensive benefits package, which includes:
- Paid time off including vacation days, sick days and holidays
- Medical, dental & vision insurance
- Maternity and Paternity Leave
- 401(k) plan with company match
- Flexible spending accounts
- Life insurance
- Disability benefits
- Stock Purchase Plan
- Team Member purchase discounts
At Aaron’s we offer sales and lease-to-ownership of specialty items including furniture, consumer electronics, home appliances, and accessories throughout the United States and Canada. Our customers shop at Aaron’s for the same reason you should choose us for the next step in your career – our ability to positively influence people’s lives. If you are looking for a company with the passion and dedication to make a difference in the lives of customers and team members alike, join us today.
Aaron's is committed to creating a diverse and inclusive work environment, celebrates our team members' differences, and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, pregnancy, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, military duty, gender expression, genetic information, or any other protected class. Candidates who require accommodation during the recruitment process should contact email@example.com.
Aaron's is an Equal Opportunity Employer