Store Design PlannerJob ID S0000FS Date posted 12/12/2018
400 Galleria Pkwy SE
Aaron’s has a long legacy as an industry leader with continued growth. In business since 1955, we have grown to over 2,000 stores across North America built on a foundation of excellence, customer focus, quality products and services. Personally, and professionally, we hold ourselves to high standards and an unwavering commitment to do what’s right; treating every individual with respect, compassion and integrity. We are highly invested in the communities we serve through our community outreach programs, donating time, products and services locally and nationally.
As a potential Aaron’s Associate, you’ll share our purpose and passion for making a real difference in the lives of others and the rewards that come from creating strong personal connections for life. You’ll be a contributing team member in an environment that embraces challenge and has a strong drive to achieve. We like to set the bar high, roll up our sleeves and work together to out-perform the competition. You’ll have an opportunity to work in an environment which prides itself on recognizing and rewarding top performers.
The Store Design Planner is focused on creating and implementing store layouts for new stores, relocations and remodels for both Aaron’s Corporate and Franchise locations. Collaborate with Real Estate, Construction, Merchandising, Legal, Operations and New Store Development departments during the design phase to successfully represent the Aarons Brand.
- Collaborates with manager and project team to determine store layout, code requirements, process requirements and timelines
- Develops project documents for review and approval by Aaron’s Management Team
- Concept Plans
- Preliminary Plans
- Final Plans
- Fixture Orders
- Coordinates plan sets for distribution to architects, construction managers and franchisees
- Collaborates with architectural partners, construction managers and outside vendors during the life of each project
- Reviews and redlines project documents for design intent through schematic design, design development and the construction document phase
- Demolition Plan
- Floor Plan
- Reflected Ceiling Plans
- Finish Plans and Schedules
- Fixture Plan and Schedules
- Interior Elevations and Details
- Power and Systems Plan
- Reviews all store designs for consistency to design standards
- Works with project team to resolve design and construction issues in the documents and during the construction phase
- Develops design details and specifications for both prototype drawing sets and individual projects (unique details for an individual project).
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s or Associate’s degree in Architecture or Interior Design or related field
- 3 years of experience
- Knowledge and experience using Photoshop, AutoCad and Excel.
- Understanding of fixture and millwork construction.
- Demonstrated project management skills with multiple projects
- Strong communication skills
- Ability to influence others, and set high quality standards
- Works well in a team environment
At Aaron’s, you will have access to a comprehensive benefits package that includes:
Paid time off including vacation days, sick days and holiday
Ongoing training and development
Medical, dental & vision insurance
Employee Purchase Discounts
Aaron’s is an Equal Opportunity Employer