Strategy Manager, Innovation
Foundry 55 is a technology lab focused on the intersection of fintech, ecommerce and retail. The lab is committed to developing cutting edge digital services, business models and product offerings to guide the future strategy of Aaron’s. Foundry 55 is the innovation division of the Aaron’s, Inc. omni-channel lease-to-own corporation.
Foundry 55 is driven to develop “horizon” capabilities and technologies that enable long term growth. Initial experiments developed by the lab include an exploration of new applications of lease-to-own technologies and algorithms, and a novel mobile commerce experience. Foundry 55 will further its pace and breadth of innovation through partnerships with promising startups and forward-leaning companies in the tech, marketplace and digital spheres.
Foundry 55 is headquartered in New York City’s Flatiron District - a neighborhood known for its racing energy, bustling tech startup scene, contemporary fashion houses, acclaimed restaurants, and historic architecture. Although based in NYC, all roles will continue to be remote through 2021. The company is actively recruiting talent with expertise in all facets of technology from application development and creative digital design, to engineering, coding, product management, usability testing, customer experience and growth marketing.
This role will be remote through 2021 and then will transition to the New York office.
This role will support, enable, and engage with key stakeholders across Corporate Strategy, Operations, Marketing, Technology and Engineering to ensure the right structure, process, business intelligence, and initiatives are being pursed.
This role reports into the Foundry55 Head of Operations.
The Innovation Strategy Manager will work closely with, and support/enable, the Foundry55 management team and the Aaron’s Corporate Development team by interfacing with key executives and teams across the global organization. Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Working with key engineering and technology development stakeholders to develop cross-functional plans, ensuring alignment to the metrics, goals and objectives of the Foundry55 organization.
- Program manage and drive strategic and operational initiatives across the domain.
- Manage operational cadence of the group, including operations reviews, balanced operational scorecards, etc.
- Analyze, and provide insight with data to inform management of business trends, and opportunities to improve.
- Collaborate with various Aaron’s teams to ensure all available capabilities are being considered and utilized.
- Assist in communications initiatives to the Foundry55 team and broader Aaron’s Organization.
- Foster a culture of innovation, transparency, accountability, integrity and consistency.
- Act as the general manager for various business concepts that Foundry 55 brings to market.
Education and Experience:
- 8-10 years of relevant experience in business operations, planning, and analytics
- BA/BS required, MBA is a strong plus.
Required Skills and Competencies:
- Strong interpersonal skills including the ability to produce quality deliverables and presentations, to collaborate with and influence senior leaders.
- Business planning and Operations skills including the ability to analyze and present insights from data in an effective way.
- Analytical thinker with strong problem-solving skills.
- Highly motivated self-starter who operates with minimal supervision and often ambiguous situations.
- Solutions-oriented with the ability to analyze and revise operating practices to improve efficiency and solve problems.
- Proactive communicator who keeps stakeholders updated and actively reports progress/challenges.
- Thrives in a fast-paced, dynamic team environment while managing multiple tasks.
Team members enjoy access to career training and advancement opportunities, and are rewarded with competitive compensation and a comprehensive benefits package, which includes:
- Paid time off including vacation days, sick days and holidays
- Medical, dental & vision insurance
- Maternity and Paternity Leave
- 401(k) plan with company match
- Flexible spending accounts
- Life insurance
- Disability benefits
- Stock Purchase Plan
- Team Member purchase discounts
At Aaron’s we offer sales and lease-to-ownership of specialty items including furniture, consumer electronics, home appliances, and accessories throughout the United States and Canada. Our customers shop at Aaron’s for the same reason you should choose us for the next step in your career – our ability to positively influence people’s lives. If you are looking for a company with the passion and dedication to make a difference in the lives of customers and team members alike, join us today.
Aaron's is committed to creating a diverse and inclusive work environment, celebrates our team members' differences, and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, pregnancy, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, military duty, gender expression, genetic information, or any other protected class. Candidates who require accommodation during the recruitment process should contact email@example.com.
Aaron's is an Equal Opportunity Employer