Asst General Manager
The Assistant Store Manager is responsible for managing and directing store activities related to the Accounts Department to ensure the store is achieving company standards for non-Renewal closing percentages and supports the General Manager in the daily operations of the store. The AGM will assist in directing the financial success of the store and managing the store, operations, and staff. The successful AGM will be able to enhance Aaron’s customers’ experience, meet collection and profitability goals, and manage staff effectively.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Maximizes profitability and ensures store meets goals by recruiting, selecting, hiring, training, motivating, coaching, mentoring, providing feedback to, and when necessary, disciplinary and/or terminating staff within the Accounts department
- Manages Accounts operations to ensure high level of customer satisfaction by focusing on the team delivering an exceptional customer experience.
- Sets daily, weekly, and monthly goals for the sales team and updates the sales and renewals goal boards daily. Partners with the Store Manager to motivate and inspire team members to achieve store productivity goals through training, coaching, mentoring and feedback. Facilitates daily renewal huddles and gain commitments on daily renewal goals.
- Partners with Store Manager on inventory management activities for the store. Facilitates and reconciles store inventory as directed by the Store Manager and assists with weekly product ordering and planning for future promotions and events. Responsible for inventory movement at the back door.
- Ensures execution of the RCO “Flow” including telephone and showroom sales and of Aaron’s Customer Service programs
- Assists in maintaining outstanding store condition and visual merchandising standards
- Handles service issues for customers and resolves customer opportunities promptly
- Responsible for authorizing customer returns with the mission of saving customers
Education and Experience
- High School diploma or equivalent
- 3 years of completed college course work or 3 years of collections experience with retail experience preferred
Required Skills and Competencies
- Proven track record of successful selling skills and performance
- Demonstrated selling skills
- Good communication and interpersonal skills
- Knowledge of merchandising and marketing
- High energy level and self-motivated
- Organized and demonstrates superior attention to detail
- Excellent phone etiquette
- Proficient computer skills
- Upholds the Aaron’s brand and protect company assets
- Position requires bending, stooping, and standing for extended periods of time
- Position requires lifting, loading, and moving up to 50 pounds of merchandise alone or up to 300 pounds with assistance
Aaron’s Total Rewards
Our team members are our greatest asset. As an expression of our appreciation, Aaron’s is proud to offer outstanding career training, competitive performance incentives, excellent advancement opportunities, and a distinctive benefits package which includes:
- Sundays off
- Employee assistance program
- Employee purchase program with exclusive discounts
- Physical and financial well-being programs
- Tuition reimbursement
- Employee Business Resource Groups
- 401(k) plan with contribution matching
- Paid time off, including vacation days, sick days, and holidays
- Life and disability insurance
- Medical, dental and vision insurance
- Paid paternal leave
- Stock purchase plans
- Pay on Demand
**Benefits vary based on full- and part-time employment status.
At Aaron’s we offer sales and lease-to-ownership of specialty items including furniture, consumer electronics, home appliances, and accessories throughout the United States and Canada. Our customers shop at Aaron’s for the same reason you should choose us for the next step in your career – our ability to positively influence people’s lives. If you are looking for a company with the passion and dedication to make a difference in the lives of customers and team members alike, join us today.
Aaron’s is committed to creating a diverse and inclusive work environment, celebrates our team members’ differences, and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, pregnancy, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, military duty, gender expression, genetic information, or any other protected class. Candidates who require accommodation during the recruitment process should contact email@example.com.
Aaron’s is an Equal Opportunity Employer.