Human Resources Generalist
Aaron’s has a long legacy as an industry leader with continued growth. In business since 1955, we have grown to over 2,000 stores across North America built on a foundation of excellence, customer focus, quality products and services. Personally, and professionally, we hold ourselves to high standards and an unwavering commitment to do what’s right; treating every individual with respect, compassion and integrity. We are highly invested in the communities we serve through our community outreach programs, donating time, products and services locally and nationally.
As a potential Aaron’s Associate, you’ll share our purpose and passion for making a real difference in the lives of others and the rewards that come from creating strong personal connections for life. You’ll be a contributing team member in an environment that embraces challenge and has a strong drive to achieve. We like to set the bar high, roll up our sleeves and work together to out-perform the competition. You’ll have an opportunity to work in an environment which prides itself on recognizing and rewarding top performers.
As a member of the human resources team, the Human Resources Generalist handles the day-to-day operations. The HR Generalist manages the administration of the human resources policies, procedures, and programs.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Participates in and demonstrates an understanding of safety principles and practices; follows all safety policies and procedures to support a safe working environment and grow our “Safety First Culture”
- Encourage a collaborative environment and work to cultivate a culture that aligns with the Company’s values and mission
- Work with HR Manager to assist in developing department goals, objectives, and systems
- Assist with the development and implementation of a comprehensive HR training program and ensure ongoing training and reinforcement of skills for managers as well as team members
- Oversee a successful recruiting process that adheres to best practices. Assist in rewriting job descriptions and manage the delivery of exceptional talent as needed
- Prepare or maintain employment records related to events, such as hiring, termination, leaves, transfers, or promotions, using HRIS software
Interpret and explain human resources policies, procedures, laws, standards, or regulations
- Complete the onboarding process with new/rehired team members
Address team member relations issues, such as harassment allegations, work complaints, or other team member concerns
- Review employment applications, select qualified job applicants or refer them to managers, interview and make hiring recommendations when appropriate
- Conduct exit interviews and ensure that necessary employment termination paperwork is completed
- Assist with setup and administration of annual Open Enrollment. Resolve plan level benefit questions and issues. Perform research as requested.
- Develop or implement recruiting strategies to meet current or anticipated staffing needs
- Perform related duties as required or assigned by supervision
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree (Required) or any appropriate combination of education and experience
- HR experience: 5 years (Preferred)
- PHR or other professional certifications (Preferred)
- HR Compliance, Law and Government rules and regulations education and training
- Administration and Management skills
- Organization and Efficiency
- Communication skills
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Software
- Time management skills
- Experience with HRIS systems
- Ability to bend, stoop, reach, stand, move from one area of the building to another on a regular basis, sit and use a computer for a long period of time
- Manual and physical dexterity needed to operate a computer keyboard and handle paper documents.
- Sufficient near vision acuity to read information appearing on computer display screen, in hand-written forms, and printed on paper
- Adequate hearing and verbal abilities to communicate effectively in person and by telephone
- Ability to lift and carry items weighing up to 25 pounds
At Aaron’s, you will have access to a comprehensive benefits package that includes:
Paid time off including vacation days, sick days and holiday
Ongoing training and development
Medical, dental & vision insurance
Employee Purchase Discounts
Aaron’s is an Equal Opportunity Employer