Senior Corporate Auditor
As a Senior Auditor, you will evaluate the effectiveness of Aaron’s risk management, control and governance processes by applying risk-based audit principles. The incumbent will consider opportunities to improve processes and create value for the organization. Audit activities will include performing and/or leading financial, operational and compliance assurance engagements, SOX control design and operating effectiveness assessments and consulting engagements. In this role, the Senior Auditor expected to foster collaborative relationships with business partners, demonstrate strong critical thinking and problem-solving skills and develop value-added recommendations.
Come see why the difference is personal at Aaron’s, connect with us today!
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Execution of assurance or consulting engagements with manager supervision/guidance as individual contributor or Auditor in Charge (AIC).
- Identify risks and expected controls through reviewing and/or preparing process documentation, including process flow diagrams and critical path narratives.
- Participate in or lead engagement risk assessments with audit executive management.
- Collaborate with IT auditors to develop an integrated audit approach, as appropriate.
- Develop and execute audit programs to support audit engagement objectives by addressing key risks and controls.
- Utilize data analysis tools and techniques to evaluate risk and execute substantive analytical procedures.
- Test design and operating effectiveness of key internal controls over financial reporting to support management’s SOX assessment.
- Prepare or detail review work papers in accordance with department standards • Provide business partners timely engagement status communications and proactively escalate audit issues for timely resolution.
- Evaluate root cause factors for audit testing exceptions and recommend solutions to mitigate risk and strengthen processes and controls.
- Draft formal written reports and present audit results to management, including recommendations.
- Assist in preparing quarterly Audit Committee communications, including timely follow-up with management on open audit recommendations.
- Develop staff by identifying and communicating meaningful feedback.
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in accounting, finance or business.
- Minimum of 3-5 years of internal or external auditing experience.
- 2-3 years of experience with a Big 4 or similar firm is preferred.
- Professional accounting or auditing designation (e.g., CPA, CIA) or active pursuit of designation is preferred.
Required Skills and Competencies:
- Project management skills.
- Proficiency in Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
- Basic knowledge and understanding of data analytics and related tools (e.g., ACL, Access).
- Working knowledge of audit management and process flow software (e.g., Workiva, Visio, ACL).
- Availability to travel on limited basis (approximately 10%).
- Professional ethics – Adheres to Aaron’s key policies, practices and procedures; applies ethical principles and values to the activities being audited.
- Internal audit management – Strives for quality and excellence and encourages others to do the same.
- International Professional Practices Framework – Maintains current knowledge of the International Professional Practices Framework (IPPF), the authoritative guidance issued by The Institute of Internal Auditors; develops deep understanding of Aaron’s audit methodology, policies and procedures, which are based on the IPPF.
- Governance, risk and control – Solid foundation in technical aspects of auditing (knowledge of general accounting, business processes, internal controls, risk assessment and/or other related general/application controls).
- Business acumen – Knowledge, insight and understanding of business concepts, tools and processes that are needed for making sound decisions in the context of the company's business; ability to apply this knowledge appropriately to diverse situations.
- Communication – Understanding of effective communication concepts, tools and techniques; ability to effectively transmit, receive and accurately interpret ideas, information and needs through the application of appropriate communication behaviors.
- Persuasion and collaboration – Nurtures and builds effective partnerships with audit engagement clients to achieve results; team player, comfortable working on multiple teams/projects simultaneously and independently, as needed.
- Critical thinking – Understanding of the issues related to the decision-making process; ability to analyze situations fully and accurately, and reach productive decisions.
- Internal audit delivery – Demonstrates efficiency and persistence, managing own time and ensuring engagement deadlines and objectives are met; follows up with management to ensure that management actions have been effectively implemented or that senior management has accepted the risk of not taking action; understanding of the necessity and value of accuracy and attention to detail; ability to process information with high levels of accuracy.
- Improvement and innovation – Champions change, continuous improvement and innovation and supports others in the pursuit of these.
Team members enjoy access to career training and advancement opportunities, and are rewarded with competitive compensation and a comprehensive benefits package, which includes:
- Paid time off including vacation days, sick days and holidays
- Medical, dental & vision insurance
- Maternity and Paternity Leave
- 401(k) plan with company match
- Flexible spending accounts
- Life insurance
- Disability benefits
- Stock Purchase Plan
- Team Member purchase discounts
At Aaron’s we offer sales and lease-to-ownership of specialty items including furniture, consumer electronics, home appliances, and accessories throughout the United States and Canada. Our customers shop at Aaron’s for the same reason you should choose us for the next step in your career – our ability to positively influence people’s lives. If you are looking for a company with the passion and dedication to make a difference in the lives of customers and team members alike, join us today.
Aaron's is committed to creating a diverse and inclusive work environment, celebrates our team members' differences, and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, pregnancy, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, military duty, gender expression, genetic information, or any other protected class. Candidates who require accommodation during the recruitment process should contact email@example.com.
Aaron's is an Equal Opportunity Employer