Greensboro, North Carolina
Our Delivery Drivers represent the face of Aaron’s — after all, they’re on the front lines interacting with our customers. Covering a wide variety of responsibilities from transporting our products to showing the customer how they work, this role isn’t just behind the wheel. It’s about building relationships and being an influencer who’s focused on creating amazing experiences. Plus, with our supportive team behind you every mile, you’ll be sure to provide quality service that really makes a difference.
What makes a successful Delivery Driver at Aaron’s? Check out the top traits we’re looking for and see if you have the right mix.
- Strong Initiative
- Customer Oriented
- Team Player
As a Delivery Driver at Aaron’s, you will have access to a comprehensive benefits package that includes:
Incentive Programs • 401(k) Plan • Life Insurance • Disability Benefits • Associate Purchase Discounts
Ongoing training and development
Paid time off includes vacation days, sick days and holidays
Medical, dental & vision insurance
*Benefits vary based on Full- and Part-Time employment status
Average Annual Total Compensation $30,123.38**
This is a non-exempt role, paid an hourly wage. The average pay reflected includes base wages for average hours scheduled and average incentive compensation for this role over a twelve month time period. All average pay/compensation amounts are estimates and are not guarantees of any specific hourly wage or incentive compensation amount, nor of future performance.
Aaron’s Delivery Drivers are recognized as the front line to our customers. As brand ambassadors, their goal is to provide a top-notch, red carpet customer experience. As a Delivery Driver, you will be responsible for delivering, installing, and demonstrating merchandise in our customer’s home, while providing outstanding customer service along the way!
Skills for Success
Delivery Drivers are professional, courteous and genuinely enjoy working with people. Solid communication skills, a working knowledge of electronics, and dependability are necessary. Like all Aaron’s team members, they share our purpose and passion for making a real difference in the lives of others and the rewards that come from creating strong personal connections for life.
- Load, secure and protect product in delivery vehicle and safely transport merchandise without damage
- Verify product information and accessories to ensure it matches for deliveries and returns
- Ensure all merchandise is clean and in operating condition prior to delivery
- Offload, install and demonstrate merchandise for our customers safely
- Perform routine service calls, product exchanges and assist with merchandise returns
- Confirm customer identification, collect money and obtain customers signature on lease agreements
- Assist sales team with field marketing programs requested by store management
- Support in maintaining the showroom floor and store’s warehouse by moving and organizing merchandise
- Maintain the store’s warehouse in a neat and orderly manner
- Safely operate delivery vehicle and follow delivery schedule set by management
- Accurately document all vehicle movement on daily route sheets
- Team partnership with both the Sales Manager and Customer Service Representative(s) to drive revenue and to meet and exceed daily, weekly and monthly sales goals
- Conduct daily inspection of assigned delivery vehicle to ensure safety and maintenance guidelines are met
- Any other reasonable duties requested by management
- United States at least 21 years old with a valid state Driver’s License and compliance with the Company’s Driver Qualification Policy; including satisfactory MVR (driving record). Canada at least the age of 18.
- Must meet DOT requirements to obtain certification in required states (United States)
- Ability to work schedule of hours varying from 8 am to 9 pm
- Ability to lift up to 50 lbs. without help and up to 300 lbs. with the assistance of a dolly
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- High energy with the ability to effectively perform all functions of the store and multitasking effectively
- High School diploma or equivalent preferred
- Proper customer service etiquette
- Uphold the Aaron’s Brand and protect company assets
- Maintain a professional appearance
- Strong technical skills and/or working knowledge of electronic products
- Medical, Dental, Vision
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Pay on Demand Options
- Basic Life and AD&D
- Employee Retirement Plan (401k)
- Employee Assistance Program
- Parental Leave Benefits
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- Health Savings Accounts
- Short-Term Disability
- Long-Term Disability
- Employee Stock Purchase Plan
- Paid Time Off
- Financial Wellness
- Physical Wellness
- Matching Gifts
- Community Outreach
- Employee Business Resource Groups
At Aaron’s we offer sales and lease-to-ownership of specialty items including furniture, consumer electronics, home appliances, and accessories throughout the United States and Canada. Our customers shop at Aaron’s for the same reason you should choose us for the next step in your career – our ability to positively influence people’s lives. If you are looking for a company with the passion and dedication to make a difference in the lives of customers and team members alike, join us today.
Aaron’s is committed to creating a diverse and inclusive work environment, celebrates our team members’ differences, and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, pregnancy, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, military duty, gender expression, genetic information, or any other protected class. Candidates who require accommodation during the recruitment process should contact email@example.com.
Aaron’s is an Equal Opportunity Employer