Fast Track to General Manager
This is a non-exempt role, paid an hourly wage. The average pay reflected includes base wages for average hours scheduled and average incentive compensation for this role over a twelve month time period. All average pay/compensation amounts are estimates and are not guarantees of any specific hourly wage or incentive compensation amount, nor of future performance.
Basic Function Learn to direct management of an Aaron’s store with profit and loss responsibility. Asset management, customer growth and maintenance, revenue production, personnel development and inventory control are key result areas of this position. The Big 5 is done daily.
Reporting Reports directly to the Regional Manager
- The Acquisition and Maintenance of Customers
- Learn recruiting and staffing procedures for a store
- Learn to close all lease agreements properly
- Assist with completion of quality control calls on all new lease agreements within 1 business day of delivery
- Responsible for all renewal activity
- Assist with physically monitoring the back door whenever inventory movement occurs
- Learn to facilitate and reconcile inventories by Wednesday of every week
- Assist with return authorization
- Safeguard all company assets
- Ensure accurate and timely bank deposits
- Maintain company vehicles within safe operating standards
- Assist with training and developing of store associates
- Achieve planned growth and profit goals
- Learn and execute all customer service programs, company guidelines and policies
- Provide a safe, clean environment for customers and associates
- Ensure adequate availability of merchandise at all times
- Accurately report financial measures and transactions
- Plan and organize to meet or exceed forecasted financial goals
- Ensure published hours of store operations are met
- Ensure all returned merchandise is certified, reclassified and priced.
- Minimum of 3 years of prior specialty retail management experience
- Strong leadership skills
- Good communication and interpersonal skills
- Professional appearance
- High level of energy
- Demonstrated selling skills
- Effective organizational skills
- Proven managerial skills
- Licensure and Background requirements
- Satisfactory MVR (driving record), D.O.T. physical/certification in states that require it, a valid Driver’s License and compliance with the Company’s Driver Qualification Policy
Team members enjoy access to career training and advancement opportunities, and are rewarded with competitive compensation and a comprehensive benefits package, which includes:
- Paid time off including vacation days, sick days and holidays
- Team Member purchase discounts
At Aaron’s we offer sales and lease-to-ownership of specialty items including furniture, consumer electronics, home appliances, and accessories throughout Canada and the United States. Our customers shop at Aaron’s for the same reason you should choose us for the next step in your career – our ability to positively influence people’s lives. If you are looking for a company with the passion and dedication to make a difference in the lives of customers and team members alike, join us today.
Aaron’s is committed to creating a diverse and inclusive work environment where team members’ differences are celebrated. All qualified applicants will receive equal consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, colour, race, citizenship, ethnic origin, place of origin, creed, disability, family status, marital status, gender identity, gender expression, sex (including pregnancy and breastfeeding), sexual orientation or any other ground protected under applicable human rights legislation. Candidates who require accommodation during the recruitment process should contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Aaron’s is an Equal Opportunity Employer.