Long Haul Driver
Job ID C0D00NW Date posted 01/30/2019
As a potential Aaron’s Associate, you’ll share our purpose and passion for making a real difference in the lives of others and the rewards that come from creating strong personal connections for life. You’ll be a contributing team member in an environment that embraces challenge and has a strong drive to achieve. We like to set the bar high, roll up our sleeves and work together to out-perform the competition. You’ll have an opportunity to work in an environment which prides itself on recognizing and rewarding top performers.
As a long haul driver, this role will deliver merchandise in our semi-trucks to our retail stores. This position is a Monday – Friday work schedule. Drivers will travel an average of 1500-2100 miles per week in our well maintained trucks. Our drivers are home some weeknights and most weekends.
Drivers provide tailgate delivery and are responsible for securing and protecting all products in the delivery vehicle. The driver must document all vehicle movement on daily route and log sheets. Driver must be able to conduct a daily inspection of assigned delivery vehicle to ensure safety and maintenance guidelines are met.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Verify correct product and accessories for delivery or return
- Observe DOT Hours of Service regulation and maintain accurate log
- Follow equipment and product security policies
- Ensure delivery schedule is followed
- Safely operate delivery vehicle
- Document all vehicle movement on daily route sheets
- Conduct daily inspection of assigned delivery vehicle to ensure safety and proper maintenance
- Other tasks as assigned by management
Education and Experience:
- Current Class A CDL
- 1-2 years of driving experience
- Must be 21+ years old and pass MVR screen
- Extremely flexible with the ability to easily shift priorities with a can-do attitude in a fast-paced, ever changing environment
Aaron's is an equal opportunity employer.