AP Specialist - WoodhavenJob ID S01004K Date posted 11/20/2018
1015 Cobb Place Blvd
Aaron’s has a long legacy as an industry leader with continued growth. In business since 1955, we have grown to over 2,000 stores across North America built on a foundation of excellence, customer focus, quality products and services. Personally and professionally, we hold ourselves to high standards and an unwavering commitment to do what’s right; treating every individual with respect, compassion and integrity. We are highly invested in the communities we serve through our community outreach programs, donating time, products and services locally and nationally.
As a potential Aaron’s Associate, you’ll share our purpose and passion for making a real difference in the lives of others and the rewards that come from creating strong personal connections for life. You’ll be a contributing team member in an environment that embraces challenge and has a strong drive to achieve. We like to set the bar high, roll up our sleeves and work together to out-perform the competition. You’ll have an opportunity to work in an environment which prides itself on recognizing and rewarding top performers.
Interested in a career at Aaron’s? As an AP Specialist, you are responsible for processing a high volume of AP invoices in a timely manner while keeping in compliance with corporate policy. Communicates with vendors and stores to resolve outstanding issues and discrepancies, and identifies new vendors and obtains proper documentation for setup.
- Perform tasks in effective and efficient manner that will ensure the vendors are paid within established time limits; vendor discounts and credits are captured timely.
- Work directly with manufacturing locations, purchasing, and vendors to clear invoices, credits and other reconciling items on the vendors’ statements
- Review processed vendor statements within prescribed time frame and monitor payments in association with discounts
- Manage and review weekly / monthly report updates
- Maintain ongoing communication with purchasing department, receiving locations, vendors, and accounting department to ensure the best possible results when researching issues.
- Ensure payable processing and petty cash processing procedures and expense policies are adhered to.
Education and Experience:
- 0-2 years of Accounts Payable experience
- High school diploma
- Intermediate skill level in MS Office Suite specific focus to Excel and Word
- Must have strong interpersonal skills to foster optimal relationships
- Should be detail oriented, professional attitude, reliable
- Strong problem solving skills, basic accounting principles knowledge, documentation skills, research and resolution skills, data analysis and multi-tasking skills
- Extensive knowledge of applicable accounts payable/general ledger systems and procedures, financial chart of accounts and corporate procedures
- Ability to interact with employees and vendors in a professional manner
- Ability to work independently and with a team in a fast-paced and high volume environment with emphasis on accuracy and timeliness
At Aaron’s, you will have access to a comprehensive benefits package that includes:
Paid time off including vacation days, sick days and holidays
Ongoing training and development
Medical, dental & vision insurance
Employee Purchase Discounts
Aaron’s is an Equal Opportunity Employer.