Data Management Engineer
Aaron’s has a long legacy as an industry leader with continued growth. In business since 1955, we have grown to over 1,860 stores across North America built on a foundation of excellence, customer focus, quality products and services. Personally, and professionally, we hold ourselves to high standards and an unwavering commitment to do what’s right; treating every individual with respect, compassion and integrity. We are highly invested in the communities we serve through our community outreach programs, donating time, products and services locally and nationally.
As a potential Aaron’s Associate, you’ll share our purpose and passion for making a real difference in the lives of others and the rewards that come from creating strong personal connections for life. You’ll be a contributing team member in an environment that embraces challenge and has a strong drive to achieve. We like to set the bar high, roll up our sleeves and work together to out-perform the competition. You’ll have an opportunity to work in an environment which prides itself on recognizing and rewarding top performers.
Interested in being a Data Management Engineer at Aaron’s? This position will work collaboratively with other teams to understand diverse datasets and plan and execute data integration packages into the Enterprise Data Warehouse. The Data Management Engineer will assist in continuing growth within the Enterprise Data Warehouse into a knowledge repository for our business.
Come see why the difference is personal at Aaron’s, connect with us today!
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Responsible for the design, development, documentation of the ETL processes
- Participate in ETL Design sessions with the team and stakeholders
- Participate in the design of new or changing mappings and workflows and produce technical specifications.
- Responsible for the analysis, data profiling, development, and integration of disparate systems throughout all phases of the project life cycle
- Work as part of a team delivering high quality and efficient integration solutions
- Assist in ongoing development of technical best practices for data movement, data quality, data cleansing and other ETL related activities
- Provide technical knowledge of extract, transform and load solutions for different projects
- Implement best practices and tune for optimization
- Complete assignments in a timely manner.
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Math, Finance or related quantitative field.
- Strong research, analytical, and computer skills
- Work experience with SQL Server or comparable database systems
- Experience with web-technologies (HTML, CSS)
- 3 years of related experience in data mining, statistical analysis and/or forecasting
- High proficiency of Microsoft Excel and other MS applications (Visio and PowerPoint)
- Familiarity of Agile methodologies.
- Demonstrated ability to quickly adapt to learn new systems
- Excellent analytical and technical skills with high attention to detail: demonstrated strength in problem-solving
- Excellent verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills
- Demonstrated strong customer focus
- Strong organizational skills with the ability to manage multiple projects and analyses
At Aaron’s, you will have access to a comprehensive benefits package that includes:
Paid time off including vacation days, sick days and holidays
Ongoing training and development
Medical, dental & vision insurance
Associate Purchase Discounts
Stock Purchase Plan Program