We are Aaron’s - an industry leader in the sales and lease-to-own retail industry known for quality brand names and superior customer service. We provide our team members the opportunity to reach their full potential in a team-oriented, high-energy, recognition-based environment with competitive pay and benefits. This is much more than a job – it is a career with purpose.
About Aaron's Tech:
In recent years, we’ve been on a journey to transform our business model with technology. We're not the slow, old-fashioned retailer you think we are. We used to be, but those days are long gone. In fact, we don't even think of Aaron's as a retail company. Instead, we think of Aaron's as a technology company that happens to sell and lease furniture, electronics and appliances. This way of thinking has demanded a massive shift in who we hire, how we organize and lead our teams, and how we deliver our technology and services. It's simple: we hire smart people who are motivated by delivering big, impactful results, we point them at big problems to solve, and we get out of their way. We believe our technology team is unique and special, and after learning about us, we believe you will think so too. Find out more at http://tech.aarons.com/.
The Delivery Manager will manage the tactical areas needed to effectively deliver Enterprise Infrastructure products and projects. This role is responsible for managing the team’s ceremonies, work in progress, and continuous improvement. This includes working with the Director to understand the product roadmap, represent the team’s interests in that roadmap, and understanding and ensuring any production support issues are resolved. The Delivery Manager is also responsible for evangelizing Aaron’s IT core values, Lean software delivery practices, Agile philosophies, and work to build trust within and outside the team.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Ensure the product roadmap is understood by the team and the work necessary to deliver the outcome is in the smallest possible units.
- Provide guidance to the delivery team around Lean software engineering techniques, and DevOps philosophies to build and deliver solutions rapidly (small batch sizes, frequent deployments, automated testing, etc.).
- Work with the Director to prioritize work for the team, make it visible to the organization, and communicate and control work in progress.
- Motivate and protect the team from external distractions and politics so they are able to focus on what they are uniquely skilled to do.
- Make sure team members have the space and tools to think creatively.
- Partner with Information Security to ensure security practices, alerts, and risk analysis are understood by the team and built into the delivery pipeline.
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent combination of education and recent, relevant work history.
- 5+ years of professional, recent experience in the IT or software product development industry.
Required Skills and Competencies:
- Deep understanding of Agile project methodologies, Lean software development, and DevOps philosophies.
- Servant leadership over authoritarian leadership.
- Ability to use influence to gain alignment on priorities, and drive issues to resolution.
- Experience working in a cross-functional team.
- Basic understanding of industry standards.
- Business acumen – Knowledge, insight and understanding of security and compliance requirements, concepts, and processes that are needed for making sound decisions in the context of the company's business; ability to apply this knowledge appropriately to diverse situations.
- Communication – Understanding of effective communication concepts, tools and techniques; ability to effectively transmit, receive and accurately interpret ideas, information and needs through the application of appropriate communication behaviors. This includes the ability to describe or explain complex processes and issues in a concise manner.
Team members enjoy access to career training and advancement opportunities, and are rewarded with competitive compensation and a comprehensive benefits package, which includes:
- Paid time off including vacation days, sick days and holidays
- Medical, dental & vision insurance
- Maternity and Paternity Leave
- 401(k) plan with company match
- Flexible spending accounts
- Life insurance
- Disability benefits
- Stock Purchase Plan
- Team Member purchase discounts
At Aaron’s we offer sales and lease-to-ownership of specialty items including furniture, consumer electronics, home appliances, and accessories throughout the United States and Canada. Our customers shop at Aaron’s for the same reason you should choose us for the next step in your career – our ability to positively influence people’s lives. If you are looking for a company with the passion and dedication to make a difference in the lives of customers and team members alike, join us today.
Aaron’s is committed to creating a diverse and inclusive work environment, celebrates our team members’ differences, and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, pregnancy, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, military duty, gender expression, genetic information, or any other protected class. Candidates who require accommodation during the recruitment process should contact email@example.com.
Aaron’s is an Equal Opportunity Employer