Financial Project Manager
Aaron’s has a long legacy as an industry leader with continued growth. In business since 1955, we have grown to over 1,860 stores across North America built on a foundation of excellence, customer focus, quality products and services. Personally and professionally, we hold ourselves to high standards and an unwavering commitment to do what’s right; treating every individual with respect, compassion and integrity. We are highly invested in the communities we serve through our community outreach programs, donating time, products and services locally and nationally.
As a potential Aaron’s Associate, you’ll share our purpose and passion for making a real difference in the lives of others and the rewards that come from creating strong personal connections for life. You’ll be a contributing team member in an environment that embraces challenge and has a strong drive to achieve. We like to set the bar high, roll up our sleeves and work together to out-perform the competition. You’ll have an opportunity to work in an environment which prides itself on recognizing and rewarding top performers.
Interested in becoming a Financial Project Manager at Aaron’s? As a Financial Project Manager, you will be responsible for working on multiple parallel projects using the organizational and financial management techniques of a cross-functional team and presenting partners with high quality products in a timely manner. The Project Manager utilizes best practices while ensuring collaboration with other departments and end users, communicating and demonstrating financial acumen to the project process, producing estimates and maintaining daily/weekly/monthly financial procedures critical to accurate reporting (timelines, budgets, resources and risk management).
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Meet with product managers and/or business stakeholders to discuss, understand and capture requirements including project success criteria.
- Manage the creation and maintenance of valuable project documentation including investment estimates. Provide analysis reporting on actual versus estimate basis.
- Report information to and for the team continuously and with transparency.
- Utilize best practices for financial controls and results on daily/weekly/monthly basis.
- Provide quality analysis of specific areas of expense and process.
- Relentless pursuit of process improvement opportunities.
- Act as a change agent for the IT team.
- 5+ years of professional, recent experience in the accounting or finance discipline with knowledge of IT or software product development industry.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent combination of education and recent, relevant work history.
- Excellent organizational skill and ability to juggle multiple demands without missing deadlines.
- Deep understanding of more than one flavor of Microsoft products such as Excel, Access, Power BI, etc.
- Ability to provide financial forecast and on-going reconciliation of resources and other project related expenditures.
- Excellent communication skills including written and oral skills; superior ability to present to management and executive Steering Committee members.
- Experience with traditional financial management practices such as analysis, budgeting, controls, resource allocation, scope management, change management, risk management escalation, etc.
- Proven experience in change management a plus.
At Aaron’s, you will have access to a comprehensive benefits package that includes:
Paid time off including vacation days, sick days and holidays
Ongoing training and development
Medical, dental & vision insurance
Employee Purchase Discounts
Stock Purchase Plan