Information Security InternJob ID S0000GM Date posted 05/02/2019
500 Chastain Center Blvd.
Aaron’s has a long legacy as an industry leader with continued growth. In business since 1955, we have grown to over 1,860 stores across North America built on a foundation of excellence, customer focus, quality products and services. Personally, and professionally, we hold ourselves to high standards and an unwavering commitment to do what’s right; treating every individual with respect, compassion and integrity. We are highly invested in the communities we serve through our community outreach programs, donating time, products and services locally and nationally.
As a potential Aaron’s Associate, you’ll share our purpose and passion for making a real difference in the lives of others and the rewards that come from creating strong personal connections for life. You’ll be a contributing team member in an environment that embraces challenge and has a strong drive to achieve. We like to set the bar high, roll up our sleeves and work together to out-perform the competition. You’ll have an opportunity to work in an environment which prides itself on recognizing and rewarding top performers.
Interested in becoming an Information Security Intern at Aaron’s? The Intern will gain experience in cutting edge cyber security technologies and the related capabilities in a segment leading retailer. In this position, the Intern will have the opportunity to rotate through the Information Security organization in highly engaging internship. The Intern will have opportunities in the Governance, Risk and compliance (GRC); Cyber Incident Response Team (CIRT) and Application Security functions. The Intern will have an opportunity to engage several groups across the organization in the course of work, such as Application Development, Development Operations (DevOps), Quality Assurance, Platform Support, Audit, and Compliance functions.
Day to day work will include collaborating with cross-functional teams to improve and automate Information Security capabilities. Work with new technologies in Proof-of-Concept environments to evaluate and select the best solutions for the company. Work daily with senior team members in a mentoring intensive environment to grow Information Security skillsets.
This position will:
- Contribute to the GRC function through creating metrics dashboards, participating in third-party risk assessments, and creating awareness materials.
- Contribute to the Cyber Incident Response Team (CIRT) by assisting in Information Security investigations and remediation.
- Contribute to the Application Security function by participating in design reviews, secure coding discussions, and AppSec proof of concepts.
- Automate and improve existing Information Security processes and capabilities.
- Be a mentee with senior team members.
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to effectively collaborate with cross-organizational teams.
- Self-starter with the ability to work unguided.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills including the ability to describe or explain complex processes and issues in a concise manner.
- Be pursuing a major in Information Technology or Information Security fields of study (or similar relevant major).
- Have a minimum established GPA of 3.0/4.0.