Intermediate Data Quality Engineer
Job ID COR004L Date posted 08/26/2019
Aaron’s has a long legacy as an industry leader with continued growth. In business since 1955, we have grown to over 1,860 stores across North America built on a foundation of excellence, customer focus, quality products and services. Personally and professionally, we hold ourselves to high standards and an unwavering commitment to do what’s right; treating every individual with respect, compassion and integrity. We are highly invested in the communities we serve through our community outreach programs, donating time, products and services locally and nationally.
As a potential Aaron’s Associate, you’ll share our purpose and passion for making a real difference in the lives of others and the rewards that come from creating strong personal connections for life. You’ll be a contributing team member in an environment that embraces challenge and has a strong drive to achieve. We like to set the bar high, roll up our sleeves and work together to out-perform the competition. You’ll have an opportunity to work in an environment which prides itself on recognizing and rewarding top performers.
Interested in becoming an Intermediate Data Quality Engineer with Aaron's? As an Intermediate Data Quality Engineer, you will be responsible for supporting the execution of data quality initiatives, implementing proactive data quality management practices, and the resolution of data quality issues. A critical part of this role, verifies all software enhancements submitted by developers function as documented and without error,instilling full trust in the data within business stakeholders.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Analyze large and complex data for quality issues relating to completeness, validity, consistency, timeliness, and accuracy.
- Identify, assess, monitor, document, and communicate potential quality issues in the way data is collected, stored, processed, or used and make recommendations for long-term solutions.
- Collaborate with data modelers, application developers, business owners, and operations to ensure the accuracy of production Business Intelligence designs and implementations.
- Support the development and implementation of data quality management policies and best practices for improving the overall health of enterprise data.
- Analyze requirements (solution comments, design specifications, and other documentation) to ensure the creation of thorough test strategies for small to moderately complex projects.
- Perform source-to-destination test validation by developing intermediate level SQL queries.
- Execute manual functional and regression tests based on analysis and understanding of the enterprise data environment, requirements, and deployment environments.
- Verify test results through analysis of databases, graphical user interfaces, and data transmissions.
- Document and communicate issues found during testing, working closely with Development to resolve those issues.
- Build and execute test scripts utilizing test automation tools.
- Identify opportunities to improve the quality and speed of delivery through continuous process improvement with a heavy focus on test automation.
- Share Data Quality knowledge and best practices with team members and others throughout the organization.
- Maintain and apply a working knowledge of industry best practices, testing tools, and techniques.
- Collaborate effectively with team members across varying job functions and levels in the organization.
- Contribute the evolution of company level software development best practices, standards, and policies.
- Experience writing Intermediate SQL queries involving multiple table joins, nested queries, and SQL functions.
- Experience in structured testing methodology, with a proven ability to breakdown business requirements/functional/non-functional requirements into high and detailed test cases and test scenarios.
- Test automation tool experience (i.e. Selenium, tSQLt); including the design, creation, and execution of automated test scripts.
- A firm understanding of relational database and OLAP design principles.
- Working knowledge and understanding of version control system (Git, SVN).
- Experience troubleshooting complex data, software, or system problems.
- Strong communication / organizational skills, analytical ability, and attention to detail required.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related field and a minimum of 2 years of IT/Data Quality Assurance; or an equivalent combination of education, training and experience.
At Aaron’s, you will have access to a comprehensive benefits package that includes:
Paid time off including vacation days, sick days and holidays
Ongoing training and development
Medical, dental & vision insurance
Associate Purchase Discounts
Stock Purchase Plan Program
Aaron’s is an Equal Opportunity Employer.