IT Service Management Software Engineer - AssociateJob ID S0000FQ Date posted 12/07/2018
500 Chastain Center Blvd.
Aaron’s has a long legacy as an industry leader with continued growth. In business since 1955, we have grown to over 1,860 stores across North America built on a foundation of excellence, customer focus, quality products and services. Personally and professionally, we hold ourselves to high standards and an unwavering commitment to do what’s right; treating every individual with respect, compassion and integrity. We are highly invested in the communities we serve through our community outreach programs, donating time, products and services locally and nationally.
As a potential Aaron’s Associate, you’ll share our purpose and passion for making a real difference in the lives of others and the rewards that come from creating strong personal connections for life. You’ll be a contributing team member in an environment that embraces challenge and has a strong drive to achieve. We like to set the bar high, roll up our sleeves and work together to out-perform the competition. You’ll have an opportunity to work in an environment which prides itself on recognizing and rewarding top performers.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Transform functional requirements into detailed technical designs that represent actionable development tasks
- Define and meet standards for implementations in ServiceNow to ensure consistency and supportability of customizations
- Perform integrations and process automation using ServiceNow Orchestration, REST and SOAP web services
- Create documentation for the team and provide internal training to the ServiceNow administrator(s)
- Ability to support working outside of normal business hours to provide after hour or "on-call" support when necessary to solve high profile issues or complete critical path items
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Computer Systems Engineering or Computer Information Systems, Engineering, Science or related field OR equivalent experience
- Experience using ServiceNow or an ITSM Service Management software solution to manage a large, complex enterprise
Required Skills and Competencies:
- Communication – Understanding of effective communication concepts, tools and techniques; ability to effectively transmit, receive and accurately interpret ideas, information and needs through the application of appropriate communication behaviors. This includes the ability to describe or explain complex processes and issues in a concise manner
- Well-versed in Agile with scrum development methodologies
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Passion for learning and rapid iteration
- Ability to pull a diverse group of individuals with different goals together and facilitate productive discussions
- Comfortable working in a fast-paced, results-oriented environment
- Requires ability to effectively interact with team members on technical issues and ability to brief senior management / customer on technical issues
- Must be able to work collaboratively across departments and physical locations
At Aaron’s, you will have access to a comprehensive benefits package that includes:
Paid time off including vacation days, sick days and holidays
Ongoing training and development
Medical, dental & vision insurance
Stock purchase plan
Associate Purchase Discounts
Aaron’s is an Equal Opportunity Employer.