Junior Software EngineerJob ID S0000FV Date posted 12/18/2018
500 Chastain Center Blvd.
Aaron’s has a long legacy as an industry leader with continued growth. In business since 1955, we have grown to over 1,860 stores across North America built on a foundation of excellence, customer focus, quality products and services. Personally and professionally, we hold ourselves to high standards and an unwavering commitment to do what’s right; treating every individual with respect, compassion and integrity. We are highly invested in the communities we serve through our community outreach programs, donating time, products and services locally and nationally.
As a potential Aaron’s Associate, you’ll share our purpose and passion for making a real difference in the lives of others and the rewards that come from creating strong personal connections for life. You’ll be a contributing team member in an environment that embraces challenge and has a strong drive to achieve. We like to set the bar high, roll up our sleeves and work together to out-perform the competition. You’ll have an opportunity to work in an environment which prides itself on recognizing and rewarding top performers.
Interested in being a Junior Software Engineer at Aaron's? This position operates in an agile development team building and working on enterprise grade software systems on top of the Microsoft .NET development stack, this position is involved in all areas of development from design to development to testing.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Assist in the collection and documentation of user's requirements, development user stories, and time to completion estimates.
- Prepare documentation on the status, operation, and maintenance of software.
- Design, develop, and unit test applications in accordance with established standards.
- Participate in peer-reviews of solution designs and related code.
- Package and support deployment of releases.
- Work with teammates in the migration of legacy applications to current Microsoft technologies.
- Develop, refine, and tune integrations between applications.
- Analyze and resolve technical and application problems.
- Adhere to high-quality lean development principles while delivering solutions on-time.
- Providing third-level support to business users.
Education and Experience:
- College or University degree in Computer Science or a related discipline.
- Solid understanding of object oriented programming concepts.
- Solid understanding of relational database design and querying concepts.
- Familiarity with version control concepts
- Exposure to Microsoft .NET development using C#.
- Knowledge of client/server application development.
- Knowledge of agile development methodologies.
- Knowledge of unit testing theory.
At Aaron’s, you will have access to a comprehensive benefits package that includes:
Paid time off including vacation days, sick days and holidays
Ongoing training and development
Medical, dental & vision insurance
Associate Purchase Discounts
Aaron’s is an Equal Opportunity Employer.