QA Analyst - IntermediateJob ID S10001E Date posted 10/24/2018
500 Chastain Center Blvd
Aaron’s has a long legacy as an industry leader with continued growth. In business since 1955, we have grown to over 1,860 stores across North America built on a foundation of excellence, customer focus, quality products and services. Personally and professionally, we hold ourselves to high standards and an unwavering commitment to do what’s right; treating every individual with respect, compassion and integrity. We are highly invested in the communities we serve through our community outreach programs, donating time, products and services locally and nationally.
As a potential Aaron’s Associate, you’ll share our purpose and passion for making a real difference in the lives of others and the rewards that come from creating strong personal connections for life. You’ll be a contributing team member in an environment that embraces challenge and has a strong drive to achieve. We like to set the bar high, roll up our sleeves and work together to out-perform the competition. You’ll have an opportunity to work in an environment which prides itself on recognizing and rewarding top performers.
The QA Analyst-Intermediate will assist the ITAS organization in improving quality across HR systems and processes through critical thinking, and leveraging Lean and DevOps methodologies. The analyst will write and execute test cases based on business and technical requirements. The incumbent understands the importance of speed to delivery and is able to identify improvement opportunities through automation. This role is responsible for all testing phases, integration systems testing, user acceptance testing, data validation/testing and performance/load testing.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Initiate and complete all aspects of testing.
- Develop and execute detailed test plans and strategies based on technical and business requirements
- Test both enterprise and web-based solutions with the mindset of an end-user
- Execute moderately complex test scripts and document results to communicate issues found with software developers and product managers
- Work closely with product teams to assist with documentation of systems, software, and interfaces
- Share QA knowledge and best practices across all team members
Education and Experience:
- BS in Related Field
- 3 years of QA / testing applications in an Agile development environment. Or, equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Experience testing within applicant tracking systems (like Taleo) and/or HRIS systems (Kronos, Absorb, Success Factors)
- Experience with automated and performance testing
- Experience writing basic to intermediate SQL queries and understanding of SQL database objects
- Experience mentoring and coaching junior associates, specifically with QA methodologies and best practices
- Ability to write clear and concise test cases
- Knowledge of industry best practices and processes used in software testing (i.e. manual, functional, regression, and integration)
- Demonstrate ability to understand backend processes; namely, underlying database structures
- Ability to objectively review and qualify data - be able to provide data required for developers to research and rectify issues
- Innovative - willing to think outside the box
- Demonstrate accuracy and attention to detail
- Flexible and willing to accept a change in priorities as necessary
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Strong organizational skills
- Persistent and Energetic - strong willingness to learn
- BS in Computer Science
- Experience and proficiency in UX testing
- Experience working with teams using CI/CD tools and methodologies
- Working knowledge and understanding of version control systems (i.e. Git, SVN)
- Ability to see 'code' and have an understanding of what it means
At Aaron’s, you will have access to a comprehensive benefits package that includes:
Paid time off including vacation days, sick days and holidays
Ongoing training and development
Medical, dental & vision insurance
Associate Purchase Discounts
Aaron’s is an Equal Opportunity Employer.