Senior Financial Reporting Analyst - SEC Reporting & Technical Accounting
Aaron’s has a long legacy as an industry leader with continued growth. In business since 1955, we have grown to over 2,000 stores across North America built on a foundation of excellence, customer focus, quality products and services. Personally, and professionally, we hold ourselves to high standards and an unwavering commitment to do what’s right; treating every individual with respect, compassion and integrity. We are highly invested in the communities we serve through our community outreach programs, donating time, products and services locally and nationally.
As a potential Aaron’s Associate, you’ll share our purpose and passion for making a real difference in the lives of others and the rewards that come from creating strong personal connections for life. You’ll be a contributing team member in an environment that embraces challenge and has a strong drive to achieve. We like to set the bar high, roll up our sleeves and work together to out-perform the competition. You’ll have an opportunity to work in an environment which prides itself on recognizing and rewarding top performers.
Interested in becoming a Senior Financial Reporting Analyst at Aaron’s? The Senior Financial Reporting Analyst is responsible for supporting the Financial Reporting team with SEC reporting, internal control and compliance oversight, researching technical accounting matters, and other ad hoc financial reporting tasks, as necessary.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Prepare quarterly footnotes and disclosures for judgmental accounting areas such as acquisitions, legal reserve, leases under ASC 842, and loans receivable.
- Prepare certain schedules, disclosures, and GAAP checklists used in SEC reporting (10-Q and 10-K footnotes and MD&A).
- Prepare tie-out of supporting materials for the quarterly earnings releases and 10-Q/10-K.
- Serve as liaison with external auditors to ensure timely reviews/audits of quarterly and annual financial statements.
- Assist with preparation of other SEC forms as required (Form 4’s, 11-K, SEC comment letters).
- Prepare quarterly earnings releases in collaboration with the Finance & Investor Relations departments.
- Assist with various Compliance responsibilities such as maintaining the Company's Risk Control Matrix (RCM); evaluating Company business risks and mitigating controls around Financial Reporting and Disclosure processes, serving as the liaison with Internal Audit and external auditors, and preparing quarterly compliance materials for Audit Committee/executive management.
- Conduct research of relevant accounting guidance for unusual and non-recurring transactions and prepare accounting memos to document the Company’s accounting considerations and conclusions.
- Assist in drafting and managing the Company’s set of accounting policies.
- Review new accounting pronouncements, conclude on potential impacts to the Company, and assist with implementation of applicable standards.
- Prepare presentations summarizing quarterly results for Audit Committee/executive management.
- Ad hoc projects (presentations and/or analysis as requested by senior management).
Required Skills and Competencies:
- Strong analytical skills with the ability to work independently.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Excel required.
Education and Experience Required:
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting; CPA highly preferred.
- Minimum 2 years of accounting experience; Public accounting experience highly preferred.
At Aaron’s, you will have access to a comprehensive benefits package that includes:
Paid time off including vacation days, sick days and holidays
Ongoing training and development
Medical, dental & vision insurance
Associate Purchase Discounts
Stock Purchase Plan
Aaron’s is an Equal Opportunity Employer.