Senior Financial Reporting Analyst (SEC Reporting, Financial Consolidation, and Analysis)
Job ID S01005P Date posted 10/31/2019
Interested in becoming a Senior Financial Reporting Analyst at Aaron's? The Senior Financial Reporting Analyst is responsible for supporting the Financial Reporting team with SEC reporting requirements, consolidations, and internal control and compliance oversight.
Duties and Responsibilities:
Financial Consolidation and Analysis:
- Prepare monthly consolidation within Hyperion Financial Management (HFM).
- Prepare documentation supporting consolidating top-side adjustments.
- Maintain appropriate SOX documentation of financial consolidation process and controls.
- Prepare overall quarterly balance sheet and income statement analytics to be provided to external auditors
- Perform quarterly key ratios analysis, which includes documenting conclusions about trends observed.
- Prepare quarterly earnings releases in collaboration with the Finance & Investor Relations departments.
- Prepare tie-out of supporting materials for the quarterly earnings releases and 10-Q/10-K.
- Assist in preparation of quarterly debt covenant compliance calculations and related reporting.
- Prepare interim and annual disclosure checklists and supplemental spreadsheets to ensure compliance with requirements (GAAP, 10-K and SEC annual shareholders checklists.
- Assist in preparation of annual 401(k) plan financial statements, 11-K, and Proxy.
- Assist in preparation of certain schedules and disclosures used in SEC reporting (10-Q and 10-K).
- Prepare quarterly Assets Held for Sale Analysis and disclosures.
- Assist with various Compliance responsibilities such as maintaining the Company's Risk Control Matrix (RCM); evaluating Company business risks and mitigating controls around Financial Reporting and Disclosure processes, serving as the liaison with Internal Audit and external auditors, and preparing quarterly compliance materials for Audit Committee/executive management.
- Maintain Store count and related documentation.
- Strong analytical skills with the ability to work independently.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Excel required.
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting; CPA or CPA candidate preferred.
- Minimum 2 years of accounting experience.
- Big 4 public accounting experience preferred.