Senior Infrastructure Engineer
We are Aaron’s - an industry leader in the sales and lease-to-own retail industry known for quality brand names and superior customer service. We provide our team members the opportunity to reach their full potential in a team-oriented, high-energy, recognition-based environment with competitive pay and benefits. This is much more than a job – it is a career with purpose.
Interested in becoming a Senior Infrastructure Engineer? This role is primarily responsible for building and maintaining all aspects of the corporate and field network infrastructure. The position will evaluate new products, designs segments of corporate network, designs and maintains wireless network infrastructure, and troubleshoots any layer 2 or layer 3 network issues. Corporate and store firewall policies are designed and maintained, and the corporate network documentation is updated by this person.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Design and maintain corporate and field network infrastructure.
- Troubleshoot network related issues.
- Evaluate new products to increase efficiency of corporate network.
- Design and maintain corporate and store firewall policies.
- Document corporate network infrastructure.
- Document all subnets within organization.
- Assist in development of integration, migration plans/schedules for infrastructure solutions, as well as public cloud solutions.
- Provide research and assistance with implementation of technology solutions.
- Exercise judgment within broadly defined practices and policies in selecting methods, techniques and evaluation criteria for obtaining results.
- Frequently interact with internal customers and functional peer groups.
- Responsible for maintaining Aaron’s Technology infrastructure architecture standards (Public and Private Cloud).
- Provide interface for strategy and direction with technology providers.
- Evaluate emerging technologies and standards for impact on Aaron’s Technology infrastructure.
- Plan and execute hardware platform changes with minimal disruption to service.
- Perform technology benchmarking.
- Define corporate level Infrastructure roadmap documentation and provide input on their upkeep.
- Scripting using PowerShell, VBScript, and Batch.
- Maintain server lease schedule and/or maintenance contracts.
- Provide input into the development of and maintenance of virtual infrastructure (Public and Private Cloud).
- Provide input into the development of and maintenance of compute, network, backup and storage infrastructure (Public and Private Cloud).
Education & Experience:
- 7+ years of relevant, broad technical experience as an infrastructure engineer.
- Bachelor’s degree in IT field or equivalent work experience required.
- Communication – Understanding of effective communication concepts, tools and techniques; ability to effectively transmit, receive and accurately interpret ideas, information and needs through the application of appropriate communication behaviors. This includes the ability to describe or explain complex processes and issues in a concise manner.
- Persuasion and collaboration – Nurtures and builds effective partnerships with clients to achieve results; team player, comfortable working on multiple teams/projects simultaneously and independently, as needed.
- Critical thinking – Understanding of the issues related to the decision-making process; ability to analyze situations fully and accurately, and reach productive decisions.
- Strong vendor relationship, procurement, asset management skills.
- Primary expertise related to Microsoft technologies; however, experience across the infrastructure stack to include server, software, networking, tools are also expected.
- Previous engineering experiences completing logical and physical designs to meet the technical needs and solve a business requirement.
- Knowledge and understanding of conceptual infrastructure architectures (Private/Public Cloud, automation, etc.).
- Strong experience with endpoint management, deployment, configuration & remediation (SCCM, Chef, WSUS, CheckPoint, SCCM Endpoint Protection, Bitlocker & Intune).
- Experience managing large-scale infrastructure projects.
- Strong experience within a Directory Service stack (Active Directory, WINS, LDAP, DNS, GPO, AD Federation, SAML, ADFS, Multi Factor, Azure AD connect).
- Experience working in large VMware, Hyper V & Azure environments.
- Experience completing logical and physical design documents.
- Experience with small/medium enterprise and their consumption of Technology applications.
- Experience with Multi-vendor hardware and software solutions.
- Extensive knowledge of Microsoft server operating systems.
- Familiar with milestones, measuring risks, completing cost estimates and operational design documents.
- Working knowledge of automation, monitoring, build/provisioning processes, workload automation and virtualization capacity management concepts.
- Technical certifications a plus.