Senior UX Designer
We are Aaron’s - an industry leader in the sales and lease-to-own retail industry known for quality brand names and superior customer service. We provide our team members the opportunity to reach their full potential in a team-oriented, high-energy, recognition-based environment with competitive pay and benefits. This is much more than a job – it is a career with purpose.
About Aaron's Tech:
In recent years, we’ve been on a journey to transform our business model with technology. We're not the slow, old-fashioned retailer you think we are. We used to be, but those days are long gone. In fact, we don't even think of Aaron's as a retail company. Instead, we think of Aaron's as a technology company that happens to sell and lease furniture, electronics and appliances. This way of thinking has demanded a massive shift in who we hire, how we organize and lead our teams, and how we deliver our technology and services. It's simple: we hire smart people who are motivated by delivering big, impactful results, we point them at big problems to solve, and we get out of their way. We believe our technology team is unique and special, and after learning about us, we believe you will think so too. Find out more at http://tech.aarons.com/.
The Senior User-Experience (UX) Designer is responsible for conceiving and conducting user research, interviews, and surveys, and translating this into user journeys, sitemaps, wireframes, and prototypes. Work cross-functionally with every team member from product to engineering, to brand and digital marketing. Collaborate with them to help drive a user-centered design approach that aligns with the strategic initiatives. Facilitate design discussions and do your best work through strong collaboration with everyone on the product team. Be part of a growing UX practice looking for fresh and creative ideas to help shape our practice vision.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Identify opportunities using research and data insights – bring those forward to the product team to devise elegant solutions to solve these challenges.
- Committed to learning and knowing our end-user — Not only the functional needs but also emotional needs.
- Work with engineering, product management, data, and digital marketing to create holistic end-to-end experiences across the Aarons.com domain.
- Advocate for our diverse customer base with hard data and in-depth research to help meet their unique needs
- Using storytelling, facilitation, and customer insights help create empathy for our customers that guide product teams toward the right approaches.
- Raise the quality bar for design through your design work, mentorship, facilitation, and workshops - evangelize the UX practice across the organization.
- Design and deliver wireframes, user stories, user journeys, and mockups optimized for a wide range of devices and interfaces.
- Take a user-centered design approach and rapidly test and iterate your designs.
- Translate concepts into wireframes and mockups that lead to intuitive and natural user experiences.
Education and Experience:
- BFA or Bachelor's degree in design, human-computer interaction (HCI), or equivalent professional experience.
- 3+ or more years of digital design experience, preferably experience working on Ecommerce solutions for complete digital environments.
Required Skills and Competencies:
- Expertise delivering high impact approaches to digital products (Ecommerce experience is a big plus)
- Understands how modern digital tech is used with design. (HTML 5, CSS, React JS… development is not a requirement but a plus)
- Expertise using a variety of UX tools for design and research gathering; UXPin, digital whiteboarding, Jira, Video conferencing, Adobe etc…
- Quickly able to iterate on designs solutions intelligently.
- Clearly and effectively communicate design processes, thoughts , and solutions.
- Values the need for their career growth and seeks ways to learn and continuously improve.
- Able to measure outcomes and guide design work to ensure the team is well-positioned with strategy
- Naturally looks for opportunities to unify customer experiences across products, platforms, and domains
- Ability to work with multiple team partners and quickly grasp a clear understanding of the strategic goals to quickly facilitate and provide a UX Direction.
- Uses critical thinking – Understanding of the issues related to the decision-making process; ability to analyze situations fully and accurately and reach productive decisions.
- Persuasion and collaboration – Nurtures and builds effective partnerships with cross-functional teams to achieve results; team player, comfortable working on multiple teams/projects simultaneously and independently, as needed.
- Team members look to you for modern and best practices when it comes to UX, research, visual design, patterns, systems thinking, or customer-centric approaches to work.
- Advocate for the business and customer - meet product stakeholders' vision, while not losing sight of the user-centered design approach.
- Extensive experience in using UX design best practices to design solutions and a deep understanding of mobile-first and responsive design.
- Solid grasp of accessibility guidelines and able to apply those methods to design.
Team members enjoy access to career training and advancement opportunities, and are rewarded with competitive compensation and a comprehensive benefits package, which includes:
- Paid time off including vacation days, sick days and holidays
- Medical, dental & vision insurance
- Maternity and Paternity Leave
- 401(k) plan with company match
- Flexible spending accounts
- Life insurance
- Disability benefits
- Stock Purchase Plan
- Team Member purchase discounts
At Aaron’s we offer sales and lease-to-ownership of specialty items including furniture, consumer electronics, home appliances, and accessories throughout the United States and Canada. Our customers shop at Aaron’s for the same reason you should choose us for the next step in your career – our ability to positively influence people’s lives. If you are looking for a company with the passion and dedication to make a difference in the lives of customers and team members alike, join us today.
Aaron’s is committed to creating a diverse and inclusive work environment, celebrates our team members’ differences, and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, pregnancy, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, military duty, gender expression, genetic information, or any other protected class. Candidates who require accommodation during the recruitment process should contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Aaron’s is an Equal Opportunity Employer