- Guest Oriented 9
- Problem-Solver 9
- Adaptable 8
- Take Initiative 8
- Teamwork 7
- Quick-Thinker 7
Aaron’s has a long legacy as an industry leader with continued growth. In business since 1955, we have grown to over 1,860 stores across North America built on a foundation of excellence, customer focus, quality products and services. Personally and professionally, we hold ourselves to high standards and an unwavering commitment to do what’s right; treating every individual with respect, compassion and integrity. We are highly invested in the communities we serve through our community outreach programs, donating time, products and services locally and nationally.
As a potential Aaron’s Associate, you’ll share our purpose and passion for making a real difference in the lives of others and the rewards that come from creating strong personal connections for life. You’ll be a contributing team member in an environment that embraces challenge and has a strong drive to achieve. We like to set the bar high, roll up our sleeves and work together to out-perform the competition. You’ll have an opportunity to work in an environment which prides itself on recognizing and rewarding top performers.
Interested in becoming a Software Engineer with Aaron's? As a Software Engineer, you will be a part of an agile engineering team building and working on enterprise grade software systems on top of the Microsoft .NET development stack. The Software Engineer is involved in all areas of lean software development from design, development, and testing.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Collaborating with other software engineers, product managers, and software architects to plan, design, develop, test, and maintain web and desktop-based business applications built on Microsoft technologies.
- Design, develop, and unit test applications in accordance with established standards.
- Participating in peer-reviews of solution designs and related code.
- Package and support automated deployment of releases.
- Work with team members in the migration of legacy applications to current Microsoft technologies.
- Developing, refining, and tuning integrations between applications.
- Analyzing and resolving technical and application problems.
- Assessing opportunities for application and process improvement and preparing documentation of rationale to share with team members and other affected parties.
- Adhering to high-quality lean engineering principles while delivering solutions.
- Assisting in the collection and documentation of user's requirements, development of user stories, and estimates.
- Prepare documentation on the status, operation, and maintenance of software.
Education and Experience:
- College or University degree in Computer Science or a related discipline.
- 2 - 5 years’ experience as a Software Engineer.
Core Competency Requirements:
- Proficient with Microsoft .NET 2.0+ development using C#.
- In depth knowledge and experience with core Microsoft .NET technologies including: WCF, WPF, WF, LINQ and EF.
- Experience designing and developing enterprise grade software.
- Experience with source control management systems and continuous integration/deployment environments.
- Experience with automated testing; working on an agile team; multi-threading and concurrency; debugging, performance profiling and optimization.
- Comprehensive understanding of object-oriented and service-oriented application development techniques and theories.
- Internally motivated, able to work proficiently both independently and in a team environment.
- Proven communication skills with both internal team members and external business stakeholders.
- Strong initiative to find ways to improve solutions, systems, and processes.
Preferred Competency Requirements:
- Experience with database development including relational database design, SQL, and ORM technologies.
- Experience with user interface design and prototyping.
- Experience configuring and developing customizations for a wide range of Microsoft platforms.
At Aaron’s, you will have access to a comprehensive benefits package that includes:
Paid time off including vacation days, sick days and holidays
Ongoing training and development
Medical, dental & vision insurance
Associate Purchase Discounts
Aaron’s is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
- Bus Icon
- Car Icon
- Person Icon
Why Aarons is a great career choice
- Established Business
- Proud Associates
- 3 Recognized Brands
in Our Community
- Associates Are Treated with Respect & Integrity