Sr. Infrastructure Engineer
We are Aaron’s - an industry leader in the sales and lease-to-own retail industry known for quality brand names and superior customer service. We provide our team members the opportunity to reach their full potential in a team-oriented, high-energy, recognition-based environment with competitive pay and benefits. This is much more than a job – it is a career with purpose.
About Aaron's Tech:
In recent years, we’ve been on a journey to transform our business model with technology. We're not the slow, old-fashioned retailer you think we are. We used to be, but those days are long gone. In fact, we don't even think of Aaron's as a retail company. Instead, we think of Aaron's as a technology company that happens to sell and lease furniture, electronics and appliances. This way of thinking has demanded a massive shift in who we hire, how we organize and lead our teams, and how we deliver our technology and services. It's simple: we hire smart people who are motivated by delivering big, impactful results, we point them at big problems to solve, and we get out of their way. We believe our technology team is unique and special, and after learning about us, we believe you will think so too. Find out more at http://tech.aarons.com/.
This role is primarily responsible for building and maintaining all aspects of the corporate network infrastructure. The position will evaluate new products, designs segments of corporate network, designs and maintains wireless network infrastructure, and troubleshoots any layer 2 or layer 3 network issues. Corporate and store firewall policies are designed and maintained, and the corporate network documentation is updated by this person.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Design and maintain corporate network infrastructure.
- Troubleshoot network related issues.
- Evaluate new products to increase efficiency of corporate network.
- Design and maintain corporate and store firewall policies.
- Document corporate network infrastructure.
- Document all subnets within organization.
- Assist in development of integration, migration plans/schedules for infrastructure solutions, as well as public cloud solutions.
- Provide research and assistance with implementation of technology solutions. Exercise judgment within broadly defined practices and policies in selecting methods, techniques and evaluation criteria for obtaining results.
- Frequently interact with internal customers and functional peer groups.
- Responsible for maintaining Aaron’s Technology infrastructure architecture standards (Public and Private Cloud).
- Provide interface for strategy and direction with technology providers. Evaluate emerging technologies and standards for impact on Aaron’s Technology infrastructure. Plan and execute hardware platform changes with minimal disruption to service. Perform technology benchmarking. Define corporate level Infrastructure roadmap documentation and provide input on their upkeep.
- Scripting using PowerShell, VBScript, and Batch. Maintain server lease schedule and/or maintenance contracts.
- Provide input into the development of and maintenance of virtual infrastructure (Public and Private Cloud).
- Provide input into the development of and maintenance of compute, network, backup and storage infrastructure (Public and Private Cloud).
Education & Experience:
- 7+ years of relevant, broad technical experience as an Infrastructure Engineer. Bachelor’s degree in IT field or equivalent work experience required;
- Technical certifications a plus.
Required Skills and Competencies:
- Strong vendor relationship, procurement, asset management skills.
- Primary expertise related to Microsoft technologies; however, experience across the infrastructure stack to include server, software, networking, tools are also expected. Previous engineering experiences completing logical and physical designs to meet the technical needs and solve a business requirement.
- Knowledge and understanding of conceptual infrastructure architectures (Private/Public Cloud, automation, etc.).
- Strong experience with endpoint management, deployment, configuration & remediation (SCCM, Chef, WSUS, CheckPoint, SCCM Endpoint Protection, Bitlocker & Intune).
- Experience managing large-scale infrastructure projects.
- Strong experience within a Directory Service stack. (Active Directory, WINS, LDAP, DNS, GPO, AD Federation, SAML, ADFS, Multi Factor, Azure AD connect.
- Experience working in large VMware, Hyper V & Azure environments.
- Experience completing logical and physical design documents.
- Experience with small/medium enterprise and their consumption of Technology applications.
- Experience with Multi-vendor hardware and software solutions.
- Extensive knowledge of Microsoft server operating systems.
- Familiar with milestones, measuring risks, completing cost estimates and operational design documents.
- Working knowledge of automation, monitoring, build/provisioning processes, workload automation and virtualization capacity management concepts.
- Communication – Understanding of effective communication concepts, tools and techniques; ability to effectively transmit, receive and accurately interpret ideas, information and needs through the application of appropriate communication behaviors. This includes the ability to describe or explain complex processes and issues in a concise manner.
- Persuasion and collaboration – Nurtures and builds effective partnerships with clients to achieve results; team player, comfortable working on multiple teams/projects simultaneously and independently, as needed.
- Critical thinking – Understanding of the issues related to the decision-making process; ability to analyze situations fully and accurately, and reach productive decisions.
Team members enjoy access to career training and advancement opportunities, and are rewarded with competitive compensation and a comprehensive benefits package, which includes:
- Paid time off including vacation days, sick days and holidays
- Medical, dental & vision insurance
- Maternity and Paternity Leave
- 401(k) plan with company match
- Flexible spending accounts
- Life insurance
- Disability benefits
- Stock Purchase Plan
- Team Member purchase discounts
At Aaron’s we offer sales and lease-to-ownership of specialty items including furniture, consumer electronics, home appliances, and accessories throughout the United States and Canada. Our customers shop at Aaron’s for the same reason you should choose us for the next step in your career – our ability to positively influence people’s lives. If you are looking for a company with the passion and dedication to make a difference in the lives of customers and team members alike, join us today.
Aaron’s is committed to creating a diverse and inclusive work environment, celebrates our team members’ differences, and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, pregnancy, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, military duty, gender expression, genetic information, or any other protected class. Candidates who require accommodation during the recruitment process should contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Aaron’s is an Equal Opportunity Employer