Sr. Systems Administrator - Product Delivery
We are Aaron’s - an industry leader in the sales and lease-to-own retail industry known for quality brand names and superior customer service. We provide our team members the opportunity to reach their full potential in a team-oriented, high-energy, recognition-based environment with competitive pay and benefits. This is much more than a job – it is a career with purpose.
About Aaron's Tech:
In recent years, we’ve been on a journey to transform our business model with technology. We're not the slow, old-fashioned retailer you think we are. We used to be, but those days are long gone. In fact, we don't even think of Aaron's as a retail company. Instead, we think of Aaron's as a technology company that happens to sell and lease furniture, electronics and appliances. This way of thinking has demanded a massive shift in who we hire, how we organize and lead our teams, and how we deliver our technology and services. It's simple: we hire smart people who are motivated by delivering big, impactful results, we point them at big problems to solve, and we get out of their way. We believe our technology team is unique and special, and after learning about us, we believe you will think so too. Find out more at http://tech.aarons.com/.
As Senior Systems Administrator, your goal will be to help deliver our products to customers as rapidly as possible while growing quality. This will involve you working closely with development, operations and security teams, using your experience to ensure that all needs are met as part of code and infrastructure deployment.
You will be expected to help identify and optimize the interdependencies between applications, development, and infrastructure operations through a collaborative approach to continuous delivery. As the “glue” between development and operations you will learn the products, provide guidance to development teams and work alongside operations and security to collaborate and ensure DevOps Methodologies are followed throughout the product lifecycle.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Work with development, QA, operations, site support, and infrastructure teams to maintain high-quality deployment artifacts as they move through the entire deployment pipeline.
- Implement and maintain deployment automation from code check- in to production.
- Maintain and upgrade engineering platforms using infrastructure as code.
- Ensure that deployments to all environments are easily repeatable and predictable.
- Diligently research the newest innovations and principals to provide business value from using these technologies.
- Develop and document operational patterns, practices and procedures to an Engineering Wiki (Confluence).
- Move fast, break things, and figure out how to fix them.
- Represent and build Aaron’s IT involvement in the Atlanta Technology community.
Required Skills and Competencies:
- Growth mindset with a real passion for using technology to take on business problems and the ability to rapidly acquire new knowledge and skills.
- A strong desire to learn about modern software development lifecycles.
- Experience supporting technology users.
- Exposure to continuous integration/continuous delivery with an emphasis of shipping code rapidly to production and learning/iterating on the results.
- Exposure to with configuration management tools or concepts (Terraform, Puppet, Chef, Ansible, Salt).
- Understanding of core infrastructure services involved in supporting application deployments – DNS, LDAP/Active Directory, SMTP, SNMP, TCP/IP, DHCP, SSH, SAML and Azure AD services.
- Desire to work with other functional groups to solve tough business problems using technology solutions at scale.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to apply different strategies for influencing and convincing others to change their points of view or plans.
Team members enjoy access to career training and advancement opportunities, and are rewarded with competitive compensation and a comprehensive benefits package, which includes:
- Paid time off including vacation days, sick days and holidays
- Medical, dental & vision insurance
- Maternity and Paternity Leave
- 401(k) plan with company match
- Flexible spending accounts
- Life insurance
- Disability benefits
- Stock Purchase Plan
- Team Member purchase discounts
At Aaron’s we offer sales and lease-to-ownership of specialty items including furniture, consumer electronics, home appliances, and accessories throughout the United States and Canada. Our customers shop at Aaron’s for the same reason you should choose us for the next step in your career – our ability to positively influence people’s lives. If you are looking for a company with the passion and dedication to make a difference in the lives of customers and team members alike, join us today.
Aaron’s is committed to creating a diverse and inclusive work environment, celebrates our team members’ differences, and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, pregnancy, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, military duty, gender expression, genetic information, or any other protected class. Candidates who require accommodation during the recruitment process should contact email@example.com.
Aaron’s is an Equal Opportunity Employer