Systems Engineer Sr
This role is primarily responsible for building and maintaining all aspects of the corporate infrastructure. The position will evaluate new products, design and maintain virtual host environment, designs and maintains storage appliances.
Duties & Responsibilities:
Design and maintain server infrastructure.
Troubleshoot server related issues.
Evaluate new products to increase efficiency of corporate infrastructure.
Design and maintain storage infrastructure.
Document corporate server infrastructure.
Document storage within organization.
Assist in development of integration, migration plans/schedules for infrastructure solutions, as well as public cloud solutions.
Provide research and assistance with implementation of technology solutions.
Exercise judgment within broadly defined practices and policies in selecting methods, techniques and evaluation criteria for obtaining results.
Frequently interact with internal customers and functional peer groups.
Responsible for maintaining Aaron’s Technology infrastructure architecture standards (Public and Private Cloud).
Provide interface for strategy and direction with technology providers.
Evaluate emerging technologies and standards for impact on Aaron’s Technology infrastructure.
Plan and execute hardware platform changes with minimal disruption to service.
Perform technology benchmarking.
Define corporate level Infrastructure roadmap documentation and provide input on their upkeep.
Scripting using PowerShell, Python, Ansible, Terraform.
Maintain server lease schedule and/or maintenance contracts.
Provide input into the development of and maintenance of virtual infrastructure (Public and Private Cloud).
Provide input into the development of and maintenance of compute, network, backup and storage infrastructure (Public and Private Cloud).
Education & Experience:
7+ years of relevant, broad technical experience as an Infrastructure Engineer. Bachelor’s degree in IT field or equivalent work experience required;
Technical certifications a plus.
Required Skills and Competencies:
- Strong experience with scripting and automation. (Terraform, Ansible, Powershell, Python, Octopus)
- Primary expertise related to Microsoft technologies; however, experience with Mac and Linux a plus.
- Experience managing/maintaining O365 environments.
- Experience across the infrastructure stack to include server, storage, networking, and tools are also expected. Previous engineering experiences completing logical and physical designs to meet the technical needs and solve a business requirement.
- Knowledge and understanding of conceptual infrastructure architectures (Private/Public Cloud, automation, etc.).
- Experience managing large-scale infrastructure projects.
- Experience within a Directory Service stack. (Active Directory, LDAP, DNS, GPO, AD Federation, SAML, ADFS, Multi Factor, Azure AD connect)
- Experience working in large VMware, Hyper V, & Azure environments.
- Experience completing logical and physical design documents.
- Experience with small/medium enterprise and their consumption of Technology applications.
- Experience with Multi-vendor hardware and software solutions.
- Familiar with milestones, measuring risks, completing cost estimates and operational design documents.
- Working knowledge of automation, monitoring, build/provisioning processes, workload automation and virtualization capacity management concepts.
- Communication – Understanding of effective communication concepts, tools and techniques; ability to effectively transmit, receive and accurately interpret ideas, information and needs through the application of appropriate communication behaviors. This includes the ability to describe or explain complex processes and issues in a concise manner.
- Persuasion and collaboration – Nurtures and builds effective partnerships with clients to achieve results; team player, comfortable working on multiple teams/projects simultaneously and independently, as needed.
- Critical thinking – Understanding of the issues related to the decision-making process; ability to analyze situations fully and accurately, and reach productive decisions.
- Medical, Dental, Vision
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Pay on Demand Options
- Basic Life and AD&D
- Employee Retirement Plan (401k)
- Employee Assistance Program
- Parental Leave Benefits
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- Health Savings Accounts
- Short-Term Disability
- Long-Term Disability
- Employee Stock Purchase Plan
- Paid Time Off
- Financial Wellness
- Physical Wellness
- Matching Gifts
- Community Outreach
- Employee Business Resource Groups
At Aaron’s we offer sales and lease-to-ownership of specialty items including furniture, consumer electronics, home appliances, and accessories throughout the United States and Canada. Our customers shop at Aaron’s for the same reason you should choose us for the next step in your career – our ability to positively influence people’s lives. If you are looking for a company with the passion and dedication to make a difference in the lives of customers and team members alike, join us today.
Aaron’s is committed to creating a diverse and inclusive work environment, celebrates our team members’ differences, and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, pregnancy, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, military duty, gender expression, genetic information, or any other protected class. Candidates who require accommodation during the recruitment process should contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Aaron’s is an Equal Opportunity Employer