Tax AnalystJob ID S02007B Date posted 05/20/2019
500 Chastain Center Blvd.
Aaron’s has a long legacy as an industry leader with continued growth. In business since 1955, we have grown to approximately 2,000 stores across North America and Canada built on a foundation of excellence, customer focus, quality products and services. Personally, and professionally, we hold ourselves to high standards and an unwavering commitment to do what’s right; treating every individual with respect, compassion and integrity. We are highly invested in the communities we serve through our community outreach programs, donating time, products and services locally and nationally.
As a potential Aaron’s Associate, you’ll share our purpose and passion for making a real difference in the lives of others and the rewards that come from creating strong personal connections for life. You’ll be a contributing team member in an environment that embraces challenge and has a strong drive to achieve. We like to set the bar high, roll up our sleeves and work together to out-perform the competition. You’ll have an opportunity to work in an environment which prides itself on recognizing and rewarding top performers.
Interested in becoming a Tax Analyst at Aaron’s? The Tax Analyst is responsible for ensuring company compliance with the filing of all required US and Canadian payroll tax returns. This individual will work closely with our payroll provider to ensure timely, complete and accurate information is obtained and provided to support tax return filings.
Come see why the difference is personal at Aaron’s, connect with us today!
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Responds to or directs the response to all inquiry matters from ~600 federal, state, and local tax jurisdictions on a timely basis
- Prepares miscellaneous returns and account reconciliations; including all tax filings and W2 preparation
- Assists with company payroll tax compliance by preparing supporting schedules, making tax payments, and mailing returns
- Provides support to Ceridian to ensure proper and timely processing of all payroll taxes
- Oversees proper registration of states and localities for new store locations
- Provides support for incoming employee tax-related questions
- Maintains current knowledge on all tax issues
- Researches and interprets applicable tax changes and the business impact
- Recommends and supports initiatives including participation in implementation of new solutions to improve system reporting, data collection, and process improvements
- Responds to notices and audits by identifying appropriate actions, collaborates to develop corrective plans, and explains implications to changing laws and regulations
- Supports tax registrations and other activity related to acquisitions and divestitures
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting, Finance, or related field of study
- 3 years of payroll tax experience required with experience at a multistate corporation preferred
- Experience with Ceridian Payroll and Tax Service
- Broad and deep knowledge of US payroll tax compliance
- Strong understanding of SQL queries
- Strong analytical and mathematical skills
- Proficient in excel and complex calculations
- Ability to support a system of internal controls with respect to payroll tax compliance
- Deep understanding of the taxations and reciprocity rules of various taxing jurisdictions
- Ability to work in a fast-paced dynamic environment
- Solid problem-solving abilities
- Team-player mentality
- Customer-centric attitude
- Ability to communicate effectively at all levels of the organization and external third parties
At Aaron’s, you will have access to a comprehensive benefits package that includes:
Paid time off including vacation days, sick days and holidays
Ongoing training and development
Medical, dental & vision insurance
Employee Purchase Discounts
Aaron's is an Equal Opportunity Employer