Customer Accounts Manager
As a Customer Account Manager, you will be integral in helping our customers achieve ownership by providing individualized attention in managing the Customer Accounts Department responsible for the renewal payment process and achieving company standards on non-renewal closing percentages. Additionally, Customer Account Managers help support the overall needs of the store by assisting other team members. Throughout your career as a Customer Account Manager, you will gain the necessary skills and business knowledge to grow your career at Aaron's!
What makes a successful Customer Account Manager at Aaron’s? Check out the top traits we’re looking for and see if you have the right mix.
- Strong Initiative
- Customer Oriented
- Team Player
As a Customer Account Manager at Aaron’s, you will have access to a comprehensive benefits package that includes:
Incentive Programs • 401(k) Plan • Life Insurance • Disability Benefits • Associate Purchase Discounts
Ongoing training and development
Paid time off includes vacation days, sick days and holidays
Medical, dental & vision insurance
*Benefits vary based on Full- and Part-Time employment status
Customer Accounts Manager
Aaron’s Customer Account Managers drive the success of our stores by leading the customer accounts department with the primary goal of achieving company standards for collections and lease renewals. As a Customer Account Manager, you will strategically influence team performance to help our customers achieve their goals of ownership and assume a wide variety of job functions at the direction of the General Manager.
Skills for Success
Customer Account Managers can connect and relate well to people, demonstrate empathy, listen attentively, and successfully navigate difficult conversations. Strong leadership, multi-tasking, organizational, and negotiation/persuasion skills are essential. Like all Aaron’s team members, Customer Account Managers share our purpose and passion for making a real difference in the lives of others and the rewards that come from creating strong personal connections for life.
- Attainment and upkeep of customers’ accounts including maintaining updated customer information in the store computer system and documenting all customer payment appointments
- Assist General Manager with operational functions which include account recommendations, payment frequency and payment history to monitor accuracy
- Second up to the General Manager
- Build authentic customer relationships to support customers in their ownership goals and drive sales
- Manage the collections process by counseling customers to gain timely lease/merchandise renewals
- Review and close lease agreements, which includes confirming customer identification, collecting money and obtain customer signatures on lease agreements
- Contact customers who have not renewed merchandise agreements
- Maintain customers contact over the phone and through home visits
- Update customers information and maintain accuracy
- Manage entire accounts staff to achieve daily, weekly and monthly accounts department goals
- Clean and certify merchandise in the cleaning station for all merchandise personally returned
- Complete and maintain weekly vehicle maintenance sheet and route sheets daily
- Load, secure and protect product in company vehicle
- Safely operate company vehicle
- Assist the Sales Team as needed
- Any other reasonable duties requested by management
- United States at least 21 years old with a valid state Driver’s License and compliance with the Company’s Driver Qualification Policy; including satisfactory MVR (driving record). Canada at least the age of 18.
- Must meet DOT requirements to obtain certification in required states (United States)
- Ability to work schedule of hours varying from 8 am to 9 pm
- Ability to lift up to 50 lbs. without help and up to 300 lbs. with the assistance of a dolly
- Two years of college or two years of previous management experience preferred
- High School diploma or equivalent preferred
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- High energy with the ability to effectively perform all functions of the store and multitasking effectively
- Proper telephone etiquette
- Uphold the Aaron’s Brand and protect company assets
- Maintain a professional appearance
- Proficient computer skills
Team members enjoy access to career training and advancement opportunities, and are rewarded with competitive compensation and a comprehensive benefits package, which includes:
- Paid time off including vacation days, sick days and holidays
- Medical, dental & vision insurance
- Maternity and Paternity Leave
- 401(k) plan with company match
- Flexible spending accounts
- Life insurance
- Disability benefits
- Stock Purchase Plan
- Team Member purchase discounts
At Aaron’s we offer sales and lease-to-ownership of specialty items including furniture, consumer electronics, home appliances, and accessories throughout the United States and Canada. Our customers shop at Aaron’s for the same reason you should choose us for the next step in your career – our ability to positively influence people’s lives. If you are looking for a company with the passion and dedication to make a difference in the lives of customers and team members alike, join us today.
Aaron's is committed to creating a diverse and inclusive work environment, celebrates our team members' differences, and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, pregnancy, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, military duty, gender expression, genetic information, or any other protected class. Candidates who require accommodation during the recruitment process should contact email@example.com.
Aaron's is an Equal Opportunity Employer