Head of Product, Innovation
Foundry 55 is a technology lab focused on the intersection of fintech, ecommerce and retail. The lab is committed to developing cutting edge digital services, business models and product offerings to guide the future strategy of Aaron’s. Foundry 55 is the innovation division of the Aaron’s, Inc. omni-channel lease-to-own corporation.
Foundry 55 is driven to develop “horizon” capabilities and technologies that enable long term growth. Initial experiments developed by the lab include an exploration of new applications of lease-to-own technologies and algorithms, and a novel mobile commerce experience. Foundry 55 will further its pace and breadth of innovation through partnerships with promising startups and forward-leaning companies in the tech, marketplace and digital spheres.
Foundry 55 is headquartered in New York City’s Flatiron District - a neighborhood known for its racing energy, bustling tech startup scene, contemporary fashion houses, acclaimed restaurants, and historic architecture. Although based in NYC, all roles will continue to be remote through 2021. The company is actively recruiting talent with expertise in all facets of technology from application development and creative digital design, to engineering, coding, product management, usability testing, customer experience and growth marketing.
The Head of Product will create and oversee the product roadmap for all initiatives created by Foundry 55. The ideal candidate will have a successful track record of creating and delivering products with significant impact. The candidate will be data-driven, creative, and continuously testing and looking for new and innovative ways to delight the customer. The Head of Product will be both hands-on and strategic, willing to roll up their sleeves to get the job done, and empower others to perform. This person will be an inspiring leader and communicator, capable of articulating and presenting a clear and compelling vision. This leader will also be highly effective at cross-functional stakeholder management. The role reports to the Head of Innovation.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Develop the product vision and strategy to conceptualize, test, and scale new products and services, and evangelize the shared vision throughout the company.
- Create the strategy and lenses to evaluate and validate new opportunities, collaborating across the executive team and senior engineering, marketing, and operations leadership.
- Inspire a high-performance team to execute the roadmap for new products, including vision, planning, product delivery, iteration and growth.
- Recruit, nurture, and lead a team of talented and passionate product managers to create long-term roadmaps, establish quarterly OKRs and priorities while focusing on growth, LTV and engagement.
- Nurture a dynamic, diverse and collaborative environment that combines a strong analytical orientation with out-of-the-box thinking.
- Learn and share customer, product and industry insights throughout the organization, serving as the domain expert and champion to help improve the product and the business.
- Build effective processes to ensure executional success, and metrics to measure success.
Education and Experience:
- MBA and/or advanced degree in a technical discipline.
- 8+ years of relevant work experience in Product Management for consumer software / fintech / mobile / internet technologies.
- 3+ years leading cross functional teams that include product management, in-house engineering teams, UX research, design, and marketing.
Required Skills and Competencies:
- Experience launching consumer products generating annual income >$40MM per year.
- Experience managing products through entire life cycle of the product.
- Experience leading cross-functional teams to deliver products and projects on deadlines.
- Superior verbal and written communications skills.
- Proven track record of taking ownership and successfully delivering results in a fast-paced, dynamic environment.
- Proven ability to manage multiple, competing priorities simultaneously.
- Passion for delivering exceptional customer experiences; proven ability to provide the voice of the customer.
- Experience using rapid prototyping and other creative mechanisms to gather direct customer feedback early in the product development process.
- Proven analytical and quantitative skills; ability to use hard data and metrics to back up assumptions and develop project business cases.
- A keen, flexible and aggressive intellect with superb conceptual thinking, analytical and problem-solving skills.
Team members enjoy access to career training and advancement opportunities, and are rewarded with competitive compensation and a comprehensive benefits package, which includes:
- Paid time off including vacation days, sick days and holidays
- Medical, dental & vision insurance
- Maternity and Paternity Leave
- 401(k) plan with company match
- Flexible spending accounts
- Life insurance
- Disability benefits
- Stock Purchase Plan
- Team Member purchase discounts
At Aaron’s we offer sales and lease-to-ownership of specialty items including furniture, consumer electronics, home appliances, and accessories throughout the United States and Canada. Our customers shop at Aaron’s for the same reason you should choose us for the next step in your career – our ability to positively influence people’s lives. If you are looking for a company with the passion and dedication to make a difference in the lives of customers and team members alike, join us today.
Aaron's is committed to creating a diverse and inclusive work environment, celebrates our team members' differences, and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, pregnancy, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, military duty, gender expression, genetic information, or any other protected class. Candidates who require accommodation during the recruitment process should contact email@example.com.
Aaron's is an Equal Opportunity Employer