Senior Digital UX/UI Designer
Foundry 55 is a technology lab focused on the intersection of fintech, ecommerce and retail. The lab is committed to developing cutting edge digital services, business models and product offerings to guide the future strategy of Aaron’s. Foundry 55 is the innovation division of the Aaron’s, Inc. omni-channel lease-to-own corporation.
Foundry 55 is driven to develop “horizon” capabilities and technologies that enable long term growth. Initial experiments developed by the lab include an exploration of new applications of lease-to-own technologies and algorithms, and a novel mobile commerce experience. Foundry 55 will further its pace and breadth of innovation through partnerships with promising startups and forward-leaning companies in the tech, marketplace and digital spheres.
Foundry 55 is headquartered in New York City’s Flatiron District - a neighborhood known for its racing energy, bustling tech startup scene, contemporary fashion houses, acclaimed restaurants, and historic architecture. Although based in NYC, all roles will continue to be remote through 2021. The company is actively recruiting talent with expertise in all facets of technology from application development and creative digital design, to engineering, coding, product management, usability testing, customer experience and growth marketing.
The Senior Digital UX/UI Designer will be responsible for shipping elegant, intuitive, customer-obsessed design solutions for external and internal stakeholders across all digital product initiatives at the Foundry 55. The role reports to the Head of Product Management.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams to design simple and delightful user interfaces for new and existing products.
- Own the design process from beginning to end; from whiteboard ideation, to pixel-perfect production-ready asset creation on an accelerated timeline.
- Probe challenging problems to gain a deep understanding of user goals and behaviors.
- Apply your solid understanding of usability heuristics to evaluate new and existing features, offering viable suggestions for improvements.
- Develop mockups, prototypes and design documentation to effectively communicate interactions, implementation details and user goals.
- Support front-end engineering by providing all necessary visual assets and CSS attributes.
- Employ data and analytics to measure design outcomes.
- Embrace candid feedback, prototyping, and early failure as design accelerators.
- Recruit and mentor junior designers and contribute toward team-level process improvements.
Education and Experience:
- 5+ years of experience.
- BS in Design, Human-Computer Interaction, Psychology, Computer Science, or related field, or work experience as a designer.
- Domain knowledge and experience shipping digital products, with a background in b2c platforms, e-commerce and A/B testing.
- Proficient in UI wireframing and high fidelity UI design tools such as Sketch, Adobe Creative Suite, Invision and / or similar design tools.
- Smart, great communicator, analytical thinker, at ease with technical subject matter, proactive, results-oriented, and (ideally) has a good sense of humor.
- Earnest, mature, and ego-free. You welcome candid feedback, and can constructively give it as well.
- Embraces change and ambiguity as an opportunity for design to lead product development with new features and user goals.
- Has a digital portfolio that showcases solid skills across a variety of projects, including work that has been used successfully in actual product. (Portfolio link required when applying.)
Team members enjoy access to career training and advancement opportunities, and are rewarded with competitive compensation and a comprehensive benefits package, which includes:
- Paid time off including vacation days, sick days and holidays
- Medical, dental & vision insurance
- Maternity and Paternity Leave
- 401(k) plan with company match
- Flexible spending accounts
- Life insurance
- Disability benefits
- Stock Purchase Plan
- Team Member purchase discounts
At Aaron’s we offer sales and lease-to-ownership of specialty items including furniture, consumer electronics, home appliances, and accessories throughout the United States and Canada. Our customers shop at Aaron’s for the same reason you should choose us for the next step in your career – our ability to positively influence people’s lives. If you are looking for a company with the passion and dedication to make a difference in the lives of customers and team members alike, join us today.
Aaron's is committed to creating a diverse and inclusive work environment, celebrates our team members' differences, and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, pregnancy, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, military duty, gender expression, genetic information, or any other protected class. Candidates who require accommodation during the recruitment process should contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Aaron's is an Equal Opportunity Employer