Senior Software Engineer
Foundry 55 is a technology lab focused on the intersection of fintech, ecommerce and retail. The lab is committed to developing cutting edge digital services, business models and product offerings to guide the future strategy of Aaron’s. Foundry 55 is the innovation division of the Aaron’s, Inc. omni-channel lease-to-own corporation.
Foundry 55 is driven to develop “horizon” capabilities and technologies that enable long term growth. Initial experiments developed by the lab include an exploration of new applications of lease-to-own technologies and algorithms, and a novel mobile commerce experience. Foundry 55 will further its pace and breadth of innovation through partnerships with promising startups and forward-leaning companies in the tech, marketplace and digital spheres.
Foundry 55 is headquartered in New York City’s Flatiron District - a neighborhood known for its racing energy, bustling tech startup scene, contemporary fashion houses, acclaimed restaurants, and historic architecture. Although based in NYC, all roles will continue to be remote through 2021. The company is actively recruiting talent with expertise in all facets of technology from application development and creative digital design, to engineering, coding, product management, usability testing, customer experience and growth marketing.
This position can be worked 100% remote with a preference for candidates in New York or Los Angeles.
The Senior Software Engineer will be responsible for shipping elegant engineering solutions as well as growing and mentoring their team.
The ideal candidate has proven skills in software engineering, full-stack development, and engineering management. You collaborate well with fellow engineers and product managers to implement simple and scalable solutions to challenging and technical problems. You're a skilled communicator who applies an empathetic, user-centered approach to problem-solving. You have an appreciation how learning and development transforms a group of engineers into a team.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams to implement full-stack solutions for new and existing Foundry 55 products.
- Apply your experience shipping large-scale applications to ensure solutions at Foundry 55 will scale with the company.
- Employ data and analytics to measure the impact of your team’s solutions.
- Develop design documentation to effectively communicate first class solutions to user problems.
- BS in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or related work experience.
- 4+ years industry experience.
- 2+ years engineering management experience.
- Deep knowledge of Node.js, with ability to identify performance bottlenecks and increase system capacity.
- First-hand experience building elegant products with React and TypeScript.
- Experience growing engineering teams through sourcing and recruitment.
- Exposure to relational databases, such as MySQL or Postgres.
- A strong command of test frameworks and test-driven development.
- Knowledge of professional software engineering practices & best practices for the full software development life cycle.
- Self-starter who is a quick learner of new tools and technologies.
- Embrace change and ambiguity as an opportunity to lead product development with new features and user goals.
- Experience working for a venture funded startup in FinTech, eCommerce, or digital banking highly preferred.
Team members enjoy access to career training and advancement opportunities, and are rewarded with competitive compensation and a comprehensive benefits package, which includes:
- Paid time off including vacation days, sick days and holidays
- Medical, dental & vision insurance
- Maternity and Paternity Leave
- 401(k) plan with company match
- Flexible spending accounts
- Life insurance
- Disability benefits
- Stock Purchase Plan
- Team Member purchase discounts
At Aaron’s we offer sales and lease-to-ownership of specialty items including furniture, consumer electronics, home appliances, and accessories throughout the United States and Canada. Our customers shop at Aaron’s for the same reason you should choose us for the next step in your career – our ability to positively influence people’s lives. If you are looking for a company with the passion and dedication to make a difference in the lives of customers and team members alike, join us today.
Aaron's is committed to creating a diverse and inclusive work environment, celebrates our team members' differences, and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, pregnancy, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, military duty, gender expression, genetic information, or any other protected class. Candidates who require accommodation during the recruitment process should contact email@example.com.
Aaron's is an Equal Opportunity Employer