At Aaron's, the difference is personal. A handshake, a smile, a warm welcome brings our customers one step closer to achieving their dream of ownership. As a General Manager, you will be responsible for driving and managing the overall P&L of the store. General Manager candidates must be successful in various facets of store management including: asset management, customer growth and maintenance, revenue production, associate development and inventory control. Strong leadership skills combined with the ability to motivate and lead store associates are critical to success as an Aaron's Store General Manager. Aaron's offers a supportive environment including ongoing training, professional development and an annual National Manager Meetings for our General Managers, as well as, competitive bonus opportunities. Come see why the difference is personal at Aaron's, connect with us today!
- Manage the store to achieve planned growth and profit goals
- Accurately report financial measures and transactions
- Manage inventory supply to ensure adequate availability of merchandise at all times
- Ensure that Quality Control Calls are completed on all new lease agreements within 1 business day of delivery
- Ensure the protection of store assets and reconcile inventories weekly
- Ensure that all company vehicles are maintained within safe operating standards • Ensure accurate and timely bank deposits • Ensure all returned merchandise is certified, reclassified and priced. Manage Associates
- Recruit, hire, train and develop the best team of associates for your store to ensure efficient and successful operations
- Schedule associate coverage to ensure published hours of store operations are met Customer Care and Service
- Close all lease agreements with a mind towards customer service, establishing a long-term relationship, and safeguarding company assets
- Personal responsibility for management of all renewal activity
- Personally authorize all returns with a focus on customer relationship and ownership
- Ensure execution of all customer service programs, company guidelines and policies Job Requirements
- Proven demonstration of strong leadership, communication and interpersonal skills
- High level of energy
- Maintain professional appearance
- A history of demonstrated selling skills
- Effective organizational skills
- Proven managerial skills
- Safe driving Skills and the ability to legally operate the Company Truck
All General Managers must have a satisfactory MVR (driving record), D.O.T. physical/certification in states that require it, a valid Driver's License and comply with the Aaron's Driver Qualification Policy.
Aaron’s Total Rewards
Our team members are our greatest asset. As an expression of our appreciation, Aaron’s is proud to offer outstanding career training, competitive performance incentives, excellent advancement opportunities, and a distinctive benefits package which includes:
- Sundays off
- Employee assistance program
- Employee purchase program with exclusive discounts
- Physical and financial well-being programs
- Tuition reimbursement
- Employee Business Resource Groups
- 401(k) plan with contribution matching
- Paid time off, including vacation days, sick days, and holidays
- Life and disability insurance
- Medical, dental and vision insurance
- Paid paternal leave
- Stock purchase plans
- Pay on Demand
**Benefits vary based on full- and part-time employment status.
At Aaron’s we offer sales and lease-to-ownership of specialty items including furniture, consumer electronics, home appliances, and accessories throughout the United States and Canada. Our customers shop at Aaron’s for the same reason you should choose us for the next step in your career – our ability to positively influence people’s lives. If you are looking for a company with the passion and dedication to make a difference in the lives of customers and team members alike, join us today.
Aaron’s is committed to creating a diverse and inclusive work environment, celebrates our team members’ differences, and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, pregnancy, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, military duty, gender expression, genetic information, or any other protected class. Candidates who require accommodation during the recruitment process should contact email@example.com.
Aaron’s is an Equal Opportunity Employer.